Re: JOE BONAMASSA SKINNER BURST PICKUP SET

airportdon wrote:
Rusty wrote:

My set, #178, arrived last week. Time permitting, I'll be installing them in my R9 this coming weekend.

congrats...do you know if there still a contest when you buy a set and register for a Les Paul..I can't find the link

I found the link:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct … E9UIkXzVYg

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

cindyron wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

My set are on order, aged nickel of course. Who will be installing there's into the Skinnerburst Les Paul...?

I received my set two days ago. I will not be putting them in my skinner serial #1 it sounds great like it is. I think I will put them in a R8 I have

Ron,

I am dying to hear what you think of them in an R8...if you end up putting them in there.  I have the first SDJB set in my R8 and just love them.  I want to buy a Skinner set but not sure if I want them in my R8 or in my traditional Goldtop...

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

21 (edited by bluesky636 2016-08-30 13:07:57)

Just took delivery of a set of Skinnerburst pickups AND a 2014 Gibson Custom Shop R8 plain top in Washed Cherry. Guess what I'll be doing Labor Day weekend. :-)

Bill

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

My set arrived, #162. Aged Nickel covers, they look the business...

Going to fit them into my Skinnerburst, well would be rude not to...!

On a similar note, I have a set of SD Saturday Night Specials arriving today, not sure what to fit them in. I have a '75 Flying V which just may suit them... any thoughts...???

So what do you think of the Skinnerburst pickup set?  Did you put it into a Skinnerburst?...been looking for one and thinking of getting a set to put it in there..

Love to hear anyone's/everyone's thoughts on them....

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

LesPaul4 wrote:
cindyron wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

My set are on order, aged nickel of course. Who will be installing there's into the Skinnerburst Les Paul...?

I received my set two days ago. I will not be putting them in my skinner serial #1 it sounds great like it is. I think I will put them in a R8 I have

Ron,

I am dying to hear what you think of them in an R8...if you end up putting them in there.  I have the first SDJB set in my R8 and just love them.  I want to buy a Skinner set but not sure if I want them in my R8 or in my traditional Goldtop...

Hi
I have been so busy on the road with my friend I have not had time. I will be putting them in something other then my Skinner #1. It sounds awesome just like it is.
Hopefully in the next few days
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

LesPaul4 wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

My set arrived, #162. Aged Nickel covers, they look the business...

Going to fit them into my Skinnerburst, well would be rude not to...!

On a similar note, I have a set of SD Saturday Night Specials arriving today, not sure what to fit them in. I have a '75 Flying V which just may suit them... any thoughts...???

So what do you think of the Skinnerburst pickup set?  Did you put it into a Skinnerburst?...been looking for one and thinking of getting a set to put it in there..

Love to hear anyone's/everyone's thoughts on them....

Been playing the SB LP with the SB PU's for a few weeks now. The tonal changes are subtle but definitely there. I don't play with super high gain, just the rockier side of crunch, so when I roll off the guitar volume (6 to 8) the tone starts to clean up nice but retains some of that warmth and growl. I'd say these PU have a definite sweet spot with the volume rolled off. Plus with both PU selected there's more honk than from the Gibson set. This guitar was my fave before and it's now gone up another notch... Thank you Joe and all at Seymour Duncan...

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin