Topic: Marc Bolan - his 58 Les Paul

a quick search of the site and I could see no thread for Marc, maybe I missed it? He was without doubt an early guitar hero to me, played simple stuff very well IMO. - And when a few years later going to see bands at Hammersmith Odeon i would often pass the site of his death, which still today is covered in fan tributes, - I will get a picture to post up here if anybody is interested?

How big was he in USA? - There is a great clip of him in USA taking “Get it on Bang a Gong” off on a jam with Gloria Jones going over the top on tambourine.

- Just been reading some of this on mylespaul, - the location of one his missing LP’s, - thought that it might be of interest to some of you on here, if you have not seen it already?

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352625

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Re: Marc Bolan - his 58 Les Paul

That is some awesome reading, investigation work.

Some of those dudes knowledge of LP's is insane. When I saw the pics I was thinking "nice looking old LP, yep looks like a 58". Then I read "logo wrong, horn doesn't seem correct, neck glued in wrong".....so much for my knowledge, but it did have me going back and looking at the pics closer.

Fascinating read.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Gotta say I read that thread through. Cool story.
Here's hoping the guy gets it restored and allows the right people to assess its authenticity eventually and that he gets to keep it and hopefully play it again!

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012