Re: Joe to perform on Jimmy Kimmel 7/28

Well, it must have been great for the audience, but we didn't get to hear a freakin thing. He got less air time than either Letterman or Fallon. When will these shows ever give Joe an actual slot to perform with his band. He is so worthy of the air time. He would have been far more appealing to the viewing audience than the lame guests they had on the show. So frustrated with these late night talk shows.

20 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-07-29 06:56:03)

nmagcorn wrote:

... So frustrated with these late night talk shows.

Joe has a good sense of humor about it smile ...

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt … ost2717256

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

nmagcorn wrote:

Well, it must have been great for the audience, but we didn't get to hear a freakin thing. He got less air time than either Letterman or Fallon. When will these shows ever give Joe an actual slot to perform with his band. He is so worthy of the air time. He would have been far more appealing to the viewing audience than the lame guests they had on the show. So frustrated with these late night talk shows.

+1...I stayed up for nothing.....bummer

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

I suspected as much.. not sure if it was a good thing I have 21hr work day and didn't have to stay up for it (my pvr/dvr did for me) but it was long over once I got back home from work.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

23 (edited by samjp4 2016-07-30 10:33:29)

Well I totally screwed up and set the DVR for Jimmy Fallon.  Got to watch  the right show today "on demand" and honestly it could have been worse.  Joe was mentioned several times and there were a few tasty licks to be heard - and they even pronounced his name correctly.  Yes a full guest shot would have been nice but just like it took Joe a long time to move up from the clubs so too is network tv.  There is a 1:45 clip of dress rehearsal on the link to the Les Paul Forum that Roadcase Boy posted above.  Tasty indeed.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

I feel like they didn't give him enough air time, Fallon did a better job of promoting him.

"I may not believe in myself, but I believe in what I'm doing" - Jimmy Page

DislocatedBoy wrote:

I feel like they didn't give him enough air time, Fallon did a better job of promoting him.

It's a big deal to appear on a television show!  Even if you are a celebrity in trouble with the law and only the butt of a few of "Tonight's" jokes without actually being present, it's priveleged exposure. We went through this **## back with Joe's performance on George Lopez!

It's really enough to be granted the favor of appearing...Mere name mentioning puts Joe Bonamassa into a conversation, albeit a one way conversation brought to you by electricity and a medium, broadcasters and an extremely wide distribution network scheme.

I'm grateful enough to know him and have no concerns whatsoever about who or to what extent whomever jumps on or off the bandwagon in the media name game of promoting their own "show" by promoting others to make their shows...

Personal disappointments are just that.  Hopefully Joe just keeps ON Rockking ON his way, which is also my way, the freeway...all ways ON the Fair Rides...

Rock ON & Keep The Sunny side UP next day Faith
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I watched it, and it would have been nice to have more air time, but it seemed like it was more to the benefit of the studio audience who probably got to listen to whole songs.  He probably was able to get more followers from them.

27 (edited by Rufus 2016-07-31 04:27:41)

National exposure--YAY!!!
Frustratingly tiny snippets of live guitar genius --BOO!

I used to watch Kimmel a lot in the show's early years. (In recent years I've only caught occasional youtube clips.)  I remember Jimmy Kimmel interacting with the band more during the show, & just more coverage/inclusion of the band in general back then.  Maybe I'm remembering wrong?  It seemed like they were trying to cram too much into Thursday night's show.  We all would have made different editing/production choices! 

Of course Joe sounded amazing & the Cletones seemed stoked to be playing with him, so maybe this is just the first step to a full musical guest spot?

In addition to the too short bits of Joe tearing it up, my favorite moments were Cleto Sr. flashing metal horns (when they played to commercial after Dana White) & the "Hold on, Joe is exploding" moment during the Kinnear interview.  Does anyone know the story behind that? What happened?  Did Joe almost burn down another television studio?!

So much music, so little time!

I recorded this show with a 1 hour extended record time, and skimmed through it last night.  I was reminded once again why I never watch Jimmy Kimmel.

Jane H- Thanks for the link!

Phew, no fires started!  When I heard the noises and JK said "Hold on, Joe is exploding," I visualized sparks flying from Joe's vintage amp.  Glad no humans, animals, or vintage gear were harmed in the making of the show.

So much music, so little time!