1 (edited by airportdon 2016-06-08 12:19:11)

Topic: New Jeff Beck album released July 15

New album coming out July 15th
"Live in the dark " played on radio today

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct= … 8155,d.aXo

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Re: New Jeff Beck album released July 15

thanks for the heads up.......the guitar is just OK by his standards, I truly hate the song, hoping that the rest can salvage the thing

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

SKY Arts (in the UK anyway) has recently been showing 2013's Jeff Beck; Talks Music interview; chat and special one-off performances by Jeff in front of an invited audience at Abbey Road studios. (Spotted Ben Poole among the faces....)

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Mann 'Live in the Dark'... I was blown away. I have waited for a loooooong time to hear Jeff Beck Beck get back to some straight up blues/rock guitar and he has! Nessun Dorma and all that was OK but to hear his strat belting out some smoking blues... fantastic. I sure hope the rest of this album is a s bluesy as this track.

These new Cuts even sounded better live as I was blown away this past Tuesday....."Scared for the children" was incredible live

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Seeing him on 8/20 - looking forward to this.

Listened to the new album today, I was blown away! He still has it! I swear, he's like a chameleon, he blends in perfectly in every decade of music while staying true to himself. "The Ballad of The Jersey Wives" is my favourite tune of the album. I wish he came to Europe next year, I'd really love to see him live.

"I may not believe in myself, but I believe in what I'm doing" - Jimmy Page

Album of the year so far IMO.

When I was a child I spoke as a child, But all I heard was how I should get ahead,
Now growing up it ain't anything but all This indecision with these debts and doubts
And worries hanging over my head. When I was a child I spoke as a child,
I wish I could remember what I said.

ReverendPaul wrote:

Album of the year so far IMO.

Absolutely agree. Jeff Beck never fails to amaze me. While most of his contemporaries repackage 'Best of' albums and go on 'Farewell' tours to milk that cow one more time, he stays fresh and innovative.

I just wanted to state openly that there have been some seriously bad reviews on Amazon where people are actually stating they are throwing the CD's away so here's my request. If anyone here feels the need to throw the CD away could they please PM me and I'll give them my contact info so they can have the pleasure of throwing it away in my direction.... big_smile

I wouldn't throw the CD away, I just would not buy it after listening to it.  To each their own.  While every once in a while I find a Beck cut that I love, they are few and far between.  Just never been a fan.  This album hasn't changed my mind.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.