Topic: Joe to perform on Jimmy Kimmel 7/28

Just saw on Jimmy Kimmel's website that Joe is going to be performing on the show on Thursday 7/28!! The show is on ABC at 11:30

Re: Joe to perform on Jimmy Kimmel 7/28

Very cool, thanks Natasha!

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Thank u Natasha!!

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Confirmed that the TV Guide in Toronto Roger's cable also says Joe is performing too.

Woohoo

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Yes he is .....marvelous!!

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Merci very much for that!

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

7 (edited by sally12333 2016-07-28 11:51:27)

Thanks from me too, Natasha. 

With the convention probably going overtime, then 30 minutes for the delayed local news, then likely having to wait another hour to the end of Kimmel for the musical guest...wayyy past bedtime.  Will have to set my alarm!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:

Thanks from me too, Natasha. 

With the convention probably going overtime, then 30 minutes for the delayed local news, then likely having to wait another hour to the end of Kimmel for the musical guest...wayyy past bedtime.  Will have to set my alarm!

Ugh, I'm with you, Sally. Will never make it that late on a "school night," as Joe would say. Will have to wait for the YouTube version.

Show'em how it's done, Joe!

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

9 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-07-28 13:50:49)

Wonder what's in the two Chainsaw cases!!  (Natasha says Snakebite is one.)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIaco84hFZj … ebonamassa

Looks like he's sitting in Jane H.

Break a leg Joe!! ... Congrats on the Trifecta!! ... (plus the George Lopez Tonight for being the first, I believe.)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Break a leg Joe!! ... Congrats on the Trifecta!! ... (plus the George Lopez Tonight for being the first, I believe.)

From what I could make out, the number on one of them looks like 9-1948 which is Snakebite, couldn't see a number on the other case. Wondering what songs he'll be playing. And he definitely said he'll be sitting in with the house band. Sure hope they give him adequate time and coverage, not just little snippets like usual.

nmagcorn wrote:
RoadcaseBoy wrote:

From what I could make out, the number on one of them looks like 9-1948 which is Snakebite, couldn't see a number on the other case. Wondering what songs he'll be playing. And he definitely said he'll be sitting in with the house band. Sure hope they give him adequate time and coverage, not just little snippets like usual.

From Joe's post on twitter, the other guitar is the new one he just got, 9-2229 "Son of the Preacher Man". He seems quite excited about the guitar having it's live debut tonight.

12 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-07-28 18:09:52)

nmagcorn wrote:
nmagcorn wrote:
RoadcaseBoy wrote:

From Joe's post on twitter, the other guitar is the new one he just got, 9-2229 "Son of the Preacher Man". He seems quite excited about the guitar having it's live debut tonight.

Thanks Natasha ... my nephew just sent me the rehearsal photo joe posted to Igram (with Preacher Man mentioned in Joe's post text) ... to tell me "Joe's on Kimmel tonight!!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIa8X7VBTeA … ebonamassa

JaneH- Google Cleto & the Cletones for info on Kimmel's house band.  They're fantastic.  Fun facts: Cleto and Jimmy Kimmel have been best friends since childhood & Cleto's Dad, Cleto Sr. is also in the band.  The bassist is the great Jimmy Earl (Stanley Clarke, Chick Corea, Robben Ford, & many others).

Can't wait to see Joe jam with this group!!! 

(Just joined the forum last night. Please pardon my jumping in w/o introducing myself.  I'll post my intro in the proper area asap!)

So much music, so little time!

Welcome to the forum Rufus.
Nothing cooler than seeing Joe on a tv show! Going back a few years would of never thought it could happen.
Go Joe! Keep the blues alive!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

Welcome to the forum Rufus.

Thank you, Gary!

nmagcorn wrote:

And he definitely said he'll be sitting in with the house band. Sure hope they give him adequate time and coverage, not just little snippets like usual.

Looks like a good chance of that.  Unlike the last couple shows where Joe sat in with the band only, this time around he's actually getting mentioned in the TV listings.  From my on-line Xfinity guide:

S14|Ep101
Jimmy Kimmel Live
07/28/16 TV14 HD CC
Greg Kinnear; Dino Archie. Also: Joe Bonamassa performs.

From nobody calling to they're all calling...  cool

Shame on you Gary for your past never thoughts... big_smile

No tv, so hook me up folks...

Rufus, atsa proper nuff innerduction to me! smile

Enjoy(ed) yourself, I'm sure, Joe!

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Thank you, Jane H., & you are welcome for the info!  Thanks, Rocket!

I'm on the West Coast, so it hasn't aired yet.  Any reports from more eastern time zones?

(Just occurred to me, I should check Joe's social media for news of the show.  Will do that now . . .)
But anyone who's seen it, or anyone who was there, please share if you have the time, thanks!