Re: My Next Concert (s)

Dorje, in Guildford at the Boilerroom, I need to get some ear protection...my poor nearly 40 year old ears need to last me another 40 years! The next one booked in is Black Sabbath in Birmingham. We saw them last time round and they were fabulous, and I drew a crowd knitting before the show :-D  Need to find some other gigs to fill the gaps. I'm going to the British Touring Cars race at Rockingham but that doesn't really count!

Kossoff....and the band plays on tonight in Darlington.

Terry Wison Slessor (Beckett/Back Street Crawler)/John Buckton

Randy Bachman tonight......free show South Park
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct … 8174,d.eWE

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

White Buffalo in Glasgow on Tuesday.

SAMCRO Rules smile

1,787 (edited by BansheeUK 2016-07-21 09:03:18)

Kenny wrote:

SAMCRO Rules smile

In that case, keep 28th October clear in your diary for Preacher Stone @ The Borderline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbkgZF2Kv5o

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BansheeUK wrote:
Kenny wrote:

SAMCRO Rules smile

In that case, keep 28th October clear in your diary for Preacher Stone @ The Borderline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbkgZF2Kv5o

Don't think so Mike. Left before the encores. Not for me.

Warren Haynes in Edinburgh tonight.

Airbourne in Edinburgh last night. Its 12 hours later and I still can't hear properly. 6 Marshall Stacks!!!

Robert Cray on 7/31 in Woodinville, WA and Jeff Beck with Buddy Guy on 8/20 at Maryhill Winery, WA!

Ted Nugent Saturday night at the Racine County Fair. Should be interesting. Does he still wear the loin cloth??? lol

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

12th Aug - The Producers @ Darlington Forum (25th Anniversary Tour)

13th Aug - Albany Down + Black Circles @ Hartlepool Supporters

19th Aug - Buck & Evans @ Newcastle; Cluny

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Tuesday night was Buddy Guy/Jeff Beck In New Jersey

Tonight Mark Farner *free* show Streetsboro, Ohio around 9p/m

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Simo, in Kentucky, this Saturday.

Matt Schofield this Sunday in Auburn Ca.

1,797 (edited by ohiodawg13 2016-08-07 00:43:13)

pat6put6man wrote:

Matt Schofield this Sunday in Auburn Ca.

Booked a room and bought a ticket this morning since I had tix for Mill Valley and didn't make it for numerous reasons. Will probably hit the Auburn Alehouse around the corner before the show. How would I recognize you? I'll be wearing a black Dunlop ball cap, grey hair, grey beard.

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Our group (6 of us) is going to Olde Town Pizza before the show...We have front row tix and I am 6' 6" with grey hair and good size boiler...Hope to meet you....

pat6put6man wrote:

Our group (6 of us) is going to Olde Town Pizza before the show...We have front row tix and I am 6' 6" with grey hair and good size boiler...Hope to meet you....

Nice to finally meet ya Pat. Great show by Matt like always and a cool little venue. I talked with Matt after the crowd thinned out and he gave me his booking info, so hopefully we might have him on the line up for The Pleasant Hill Blues & Brews next July.

Matt Rocks!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

1,800 (edited by Rufus 2016-08-09 01:58:03)

Buddy Guy & Jeff Beck with Beth Hart at the Hollywood Bowl Wednesday 8/10/16.

Super excited for this one & have been looking forward to it for most of the year! It is my first time seeing each of these dynamos.  All together (on the same bill) at the Bowl is almost too much! The show is billed as "50 years of Jeff Beck" with special guest Beth Hart, and Buddy Guy as the opening act.

I really hope Beth sings with Buddy Guy, too.  "What You Gonna Do About Me," would be an obvious choice for them. Wonder what else they might team up on? "Sweet Home Chicago"?

For Beth & Jeff Beck, possible songs could be "I'd Rather Go Blind," "A Change is Gonna Come," "Going Down" & too many other previous collaborations to list!  I would be so stoked to hear Beth do "I'd Rather Go Blind" live!!! (Even though it won't be Joe tearing it up on guitar with her, Jeff Beck is an acceptable substitute!) I really hope Beth gets to sing on a bunch of songs.

Steven Tyler was recently added to the bill.  I know he's recorded with BG.  His vocals & dynamic stage presence w/ Jeff Beck's guitar licks will be something! 

Also look forward to hearing Rosie Bones, Jeff Beck et al, do stuff from Loud Hailer. The show has been described as a career retrospective for Jeff Beck & a celebration of Buddy's 80th Birthday (7/30/16) with "other special guests," so I can't wait to see who else joins the fun . . .

Should be an epic night at the Bowl!!!  Anyone here going? (I'm in Super Seats section H)

So much music, so little time!