Topic: The Blues Magazine UK no more

The latest edition number 31 celebrating the 50th birthday of the Beano album is the last.

Their distributor started charging p&p so that's that. It was great advertising for the UK bands.

Re: The Blues Magazine UK no more

sad ... between this Forum and The Blues magazine .. I learned much more about established and historical artists ... and discovered some really great new ones.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

A real shock Just read issue 50 on the train yesterday I found so many new bands from the CD

Its a good job we have this forum any suggestions for another magazine I read Classic rock second hand bit bored with it

Sad news - support Blues Matters, an excellent little magazine.

trdb wrote:

Tom, I don't think it's BM that Kenny is talking about but I'm sure he'll clarify.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Wooders wrote:
trdb wrote:

Tom, I don't think it's BM that Kenny is talking about but I'm sure he'll clarify.

Phil

I think Tom is saying to support Blues Matters now.

It must be hard for blues magazines to stay afloat these days as how large of a market is there?
But I will say there are what seems to be an endless supply of talented artists and bands playing bluesy music which  is always a good sign.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Kenny wrote:
Wooders wrote:
trdb wrote:

Phil

I think Tom is saying to support Blues Matters now.

Yes - not so glossy, but more bang for your buck.

Kenny wrote:

The latest edition number 31 celebrating the 50th birthday of the Beano album is the last.

Their distributor started charging p&p so that's that. It was great advertising for the UK bands.

This shocked me!  I love that magazine. Damn shame.

"This train don't stop for no one" - JB

Yeah I got the e mail as well. such a shame but I hope that classic rock magazine will do some blues stuff instead

Well, Classic Rock has always had Henry Yates doing a small block of Blues Album reviews; maybe a re-think and devote a page (at least) to Blues releases ; and other genre supposing the Prog magazine goes the same way. I have noticed that on more than one occasion, interviews & features on the more contemporary Blues artists have appeared in Classic Rock, albeit in an abridged form, so maybe all is not lost, but I do agree, some of the newer bands coming through are going to miss out on a great springboard; I know from the bands I've picked up on over the last couple of years.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...