Topic: Joe honoured with brick in Wall of Fame

Joe was given the honour of having his name on a brick in the Wall of Fame outside the Cavern Club in Liverpool. It was quite the event with TV camera men there and a slew of paparazzi photographers. The brick is located in a very prominent spot, not too far from Howlin Wolf, Eric Clapton and other notable musicians. Was very cool to be there to see this happen. Quite the proud moment for Joe as well as all us fans. He is indeed a Rock Star!

Here is a video I did of the event: https://youtu.be/fAVRBBa4drI

Some photos of it as well as a newspaper article about it. https://www.flickr.com/photos/anitrasda … 9770198931

Re: Joe honoured with brick in Wall of Fame

Was that Christie Goodwin in front of you to your left?

I am almost positive there was a name on a brick in that spot because we looked at the wall before they removed one to make room for Joe's and all the bricks had names on them. Not sure who got bumped. And yes, that was Christie Goodwin in front of me. I was in the front then she came in and stood right in front of me so had to move over and hold the camera over my head to get the footage.

It is what it is. She is Joe's photographer and I know he would want her to get good shots. I was just happy I could get the footage I got. Glad I had my little monopod on the camera so I could hold it up high better.

nmagcorn wrote:

It is what it is. She is Joe's photographer and I know he would want her to get good shots....

Does Joe get money from pictures of him that Christie sells?  I emailed her webpage and the cost of a 10"x15" signed by her, not signed by Joe, was $600.  a 14"x21" was $850.

Hey Guys, 
       You realize we record DVDs around here?  Christie is our hired photographer ... The cavern club is gonna be part of the British Blues Tour DVD.  Photos, footage and all.  We have a very liberal photo policy because it has always been fan first around here ... But you have to understand our position when the DVD that cost multiple 6 figures weighs in the balance.  Christie is one of the greatest and stealthiest, non assuming people I have ever met.  Let's try to keep some perspective.
Joe B

Any chance the DVD will be out for Christmas? ;-)

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Congrats Joe, well deserved.....Rock and roll hall of fame is next!

Wow, it's going to kill me to wait for this DVD!  There seems to be a lot of DVDs I'm waiting for with great anticipation!

This thread reads a bit strange in the middle there since certain people have removed their comments. I am very thankful Joe has allowed photos. When I saw Christie walk up with him I knew it was important that she be in front to get his photos. Of all the photographers there she was the one he truly wanted to be there. The others were a bit over the top pushing in closer and closer demanding, "Look here Joe! Smile Joe!" Flashbulbs flashing left and right. It was quite the scene and showed how Joe has become quite the celebrity.

A brick in the wall...cool

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I will always be thankful that Joe has been so gracious about photography and videos.  And to the person who commented on the prices for Christie's work - take a peek at some other photographers websites and you will find her prices are not out of line.  Just like one of Joe's shows there is a lot going on in the background and production that is not always obvious in the finished product.  I have seen her at work on several occasions and she is unobtrusive and gets some great shots.  My only wish would be that we got to see more of her work.

Sandy

p. s. back on topic - way to go with that brick!

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Rumor is Joe replaced Gary Glitter, but. I have no proof. However, it's a prominent location I can't imagine being vacant before Joe.

14 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-07-01 08:13:27)

cathysiler wrote:

Rumor is Joe replaced Gary Glitter, but. I have no proof. However, it's a prominent location I can't imagine being vacant before Joe.

Piecing together two pictures ... Dave Berry was in that location. (I would post some links ... but one was a Pinterest photo ... don't think a link would work. (?))

In searching ... I did see an article Gary Glitter's name was removed in 2008 (it appears he was just under Pretty Things.)

Safe travels Cathy and BonaFamily!

Dave Berry - The Crying Game
https://youtu.be/4c9W2-uGvQQ (WalkakAT)

(Congrats Joe!! ... looking forward to the DVD release!!)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.