Topic: Joe doing invite only show at the Cavern, Liverpool

http://www.planetrock.com/win/win-ticke … vern-club/

Re: Joe doing invite only show at the Cavern, Liverpool

Oh...if only I wasn't on shift that day.

Just had confirmation that I'll be working at the Bristol show though, so please no-one get ill..!! :-P

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Any Forum members trying for tickets apart from me?

I'm in there. It's not that far from me anyway and who could miss the chance of two British tribute concerts and especially one so up close and personal. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

My original hometown, unfortunately I'm not available on this date, nice gesture from Joe.

Lester

I applied via Planet Rock.

- did the Beatles thing last month with my daughter, “The Beatles Experience”  museum was disappointing, I think only having one pair of John’s glasses does not constitute a collection, - the other stuff is replica! But to show her our musical heritage was great. Was fun to drive up Penny Lane and the like, - love the City.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

I've applied

Anyone lucky?

Has any forum member ever won anything on Planetrock?

Lester...

Lester wrote:

Lester...

I won a Marshall DAB radio made especially for Planet Rock but now they don't transmit in Aberdeen......

I won Seesaw on cd and vinyl. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Kenny wrote:
Lester wrote:

Lester...

I won a Marshall DAB radio made especially for Planet Rock but now they don't transmit in Aberdeen......

Well done Kenny, fancied one of those radios myself.
Planetrock appear to be transmitting on a different 'channel' now, sorry to hear you can't pick it up in Aberdeen.
Good luck with the Cavern competition.

Lester..

not heard anything back on my ticket entry, - a bit like their radio station.... can't get at home any more and when listening in the car driving around the South East it often cuts out, - or they play Bon Jovi so I switch station! wink

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

My one and only DAB radio 'died' so haven't listened to Planetrock for a couple of years now, get the impression I'm not missing much.

Lester...

15 (edited by Wooders 2016-05-31 09:42:10)

Planet Rock, along with a few other stations, changed its DAB frequency several weeks ago so, if you haven't rescanned your DAB radio lately, you need to do so now.

I agree that PR is becoming too AOR at certain times of the day and even some days of the week, but they have also pricked my interest in some new bands like Inglorious, who admirably fill the void left by BCC (until next year wink ).

More importantly, I've noticed there has been a definite move to a more Blues Rock fare by some DJs, with more "new artists" like JST, King King and Dan Patlansky being played at various times of the day. These names may be new to most DJs on PR and their listeners, but it's good to see that they are catching up with where most of us here have been for several years.

If you haven't caught the Blues Power shows with Bernard Doherty, these are definitely worth listening to. The only drawback is that they are only one hour long and are at midnight UK time on a Saturday. I usually listen to the repeat at 9.00pm on a Thursday. There's also a one hour lunchtime show at midday every Sunday. You can listen to these shows live (or on the listen again facility) on the web too, just adjust above times by -5 hours for the East Coast and -8 for Sunny Cali.

Blues Power listen again 29 May

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

I ended up buying an Internet radio Phil so that I wasn't stuck to my Mac listening to PR. There are plenty other blues rock stations I can now listen to - worldwide.

17 (edited by Clive A 2016-06-02 08:20:10)

Tickets

Most competitions have ended I had ago via Joes Facebook account

It would be amazing fingers crossed I just hope real  fans go to the gig

Kenny wrote:

I ended up buying an Internet radio Phil so that I wasn't stuck to my Mac listening to PR. There are plenty other blues rock stations I can now listen to - worldwide.

I always like to push Bellyup4blues.com for blues rock.  There isn't any advertising except for the occasional plea for donations.  But they play a lot of Joe and "**** kicking blues rock!"