Topic: Going to my first show

Hey guy & gals,

My wife and I are going to our first Bonamassa show at the Star Plaza in Merrillville, IN. I'm wondering what to expect. Does Joe have an opener or is it only him? How much do Joe's sets vary from night to night?

We're really excited. We've heard Joe puts on a great show. I can't wait to see Snakebite.

Thanks.

2 (edited by DougH 2016-05-04 05:11:32)

Re: Going to my first show

He starts right on time, you can set your watch by his.

He isn't Madonna or Justin.

If the show is scheduled for 8pm, be in your seats no later than 7:45. Or you'll be one of those that will be on the forum crying you missed half the show when you walk in at 9.

He typically plays 1 full hour, band takes a 5-10 break and Joe does a solo at that time or chats a humorous story.
Band comes back and they play for like another 45 min
Walk off then come back for an encore 15-40 min long.

At least that's how he's done it for more than 6 years I've seen him live

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Welcome to the forum. Doug has it just right. When the pa starts playing the intro music you have about 3 minutes to showtime. Lights go down about a minute before the band comes on stage and when they come up Joe starts playing. Joe will walk back and forth across the stage so both sides get a good view of him playing. Breaks between songs are very fast, just long enough for him to change guitars and the next song starts.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Bonavirgins.   Enjoy
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Joe's sets are pretty much exactly the same from night to night within each tour yet there are some subtle changes with the solos each night on most songs. There is no opening act and as others stated he starts at exactly 8 pm. He plays for almost exactly 2 hrs 15 minutes. You won't see Snakebite on this tour. I think he is giving that one a rest since it was used all last year, but you will see Carmelita and Spot. Have a great time.

Thanks for the information guys. I'm very glad to know that he is punctual.

A little bummed that Snakebite isn't on the road this time, but Spot has always been a favorite of mine too. So, that'll be cool.

I'm very excited and I just know it will be a great show.

Thanks

I'll be at the same show...although it won't be my first time seeing Joe. The Star Plaza Theater is a nice venue.

Here are some pics from the last time I saw Joe there.
There's a bunch, but you can scroll through if you'd like:
https://flickr.com/photos/36592563@N07/ … 3899163263

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Yeah...I know the answer to this one....No warm up...Joe appears on stage at exactly the time it says on your ticket and I mean not one second late...so be there on time....and then he jams for around 2 and a half hours and several people around you will explain to you after they discover that you are a newbie that you are about to be completely blown away, and then you will be. Large smile crossing my face...Have fun !

Murfdog

Didn't I read that the British Kings shows will have a warm up act?

Looking forward to my first Bonamassa show in Bristol....even if I am working at it!!

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Adrian J wrote:

Looking forward to my first Bonamassa show in Bristol....even if I am working at it!!

Yip. Joanne Shaw Taylor in Preston, London & Newark.

Kenny wrote:
Adrian J wrote:

Yip. Joanne Shaw Taylor in Preston, London & Newark.

Not to forget in Luxembourg too as far as I know.

Anna Laura