Topic: AC/DC

Well, it took a couple months, but I finally got tickets to see AC/DC in Dallas on Feb. 23 at the American Airlines Center. Since ticketmaster sold out immediately, had to save up a bit and get tickets from stubhub. It cost about $330 for 2 upper balcony seats. Didn't want to do that, but had no choice. At least we'll get to see the band for what's most likely their final tour. I've heard great reviews so far. Has anyone in here gone to any shows? Is there an opening act? Also, getting tickets on ticketmaster (AKA Ticketbastard) is such an ordeal now. I think that each venue on tours need to start selling tickets independently.

Re: AC/DC

bluesdeluxe25 wrote:

Well, it took a couple months, but I finally got tickets to see AC/DC in Dallas on Feb. 23 at the American Airlines Center. Since ticketmaster sold out immediately, had to save up a bit and get tickets from stubhub. It cost about $330 for 2 upper balcony seats. Didn't want to do that, but had no choice. At least we'll get to see the band for what's most likely their final tour. I've heard great reviews so far. Has anyone in here gone to any shows? Is there an opening act? Also, getting tickets on ticketmaster (AKA Ticketbastard) is such an ordeal now. I think that each venue on tours need to start selling tickets independently.

Thought this may help. big_smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uauVGvTF-8

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Ah!  AC/DC!!  I've seen them twice.  Both were out door concerts, and as much as I don't like out door concerts, I think it is the best way to see them.  But that was not your question, first, yes they have opening acts. 

The first time I saw them they had about 10 opening acts and one act followed them, that was the SARS concert in Toronto back in 2002 I think.  The four final acts were BTO (Bachman Turner Overdrive, great Canadian band) RUSH (another great Canadian band) AC/DC followed by The Rolling Stones!  Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE that I spoke to agreed that AC/DC stole the show.  The Stones were good but not after the Rolling Thunder.

I saw them again this past September.  They came to my little home town for the second time.  I am a crane operator and was on the stage crew to put it together and take it apart.  Cool experience.  So I was able to see the show.  Two opening acts, both great.  Vintage Trouble was first, they are on Joe's cruise this year!!  Nice coincidence.  The it was Big Sugar, popular Canadian band.  The AC/DC stage and show is pretty darn good.  Big screens, good sound, cool stage, lots of pyro...which will be much different indoors.

The old guys put on a good show.  They sound great, sure Brian does not hit the notes as well but still does a great job.  They sound exactly like AC/DC should sound like.

Enjoy, you won't likely regret it.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

I saw them 1978/79/80.....and more.

First time I saw I was a few rows from the front, Bon singing, got covered in Angus’ sweat! Stopped seeing them when the played Donington Monsters of Rock, - I think once you have been spoilt by seeing a band like this in a small intimate venue you cannot go to seeing them in a massive venue. Well I could n’t! wink

Enjoy, they were certainly the best live in the world in their day, - “Let There be Rock” cannot be beaten live.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

oh wow, the concert is just great, thank you Peter. I will have to watch more later, it is top notch for sure. I only saw them once on the Stiff Upper Lip tour, very special because my 11 year old son was with me. Slash's Snake Pit opened, they were just so-so to me. I remember I was upset at first because I couldn't hear Brian's vocals very well, by the end of the concert I was way OK with it, what a show !!! You know, the older Angus gets the more ridiculous he looks in those outfits.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

The greatest show on earth!!!....never been to any gig like an AC/DC

My favorite band, with all due respect to the forum's owner. Seen them only once when they played River Plate Stadium in Bs As. Luckily I can rewatch that anytime I want since they made a DVD out of it. I'm hoping for their return in this tour, even if they brought back Chris Slade as a drummer and I think his drumming has become groove less. Still would like to see Angus once more

I'm broke, motherf**ker!

Angus was on fire last year in Glasgow but I thought Brian struggled.

My favourite AC/DC gigs were those with Bon Scott. No equal!!!

Kenny wrote:

My favourite AC/DC gigs were those with Bon Scott. No equal!!!

Word!
Although I only got to see one sad

Your wish is my command. Video and sound come with the time I'm afraid though. :LOL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epSe9V5ngeo

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

PSmith1946 wrote:

Your wish is my command. Video and sound come with the time I'm afraid though. :LOL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epSe9V5ngeo

Ahhhh Yes......Day On The Green, Oakland. Saw them a year before this show at another DOTG in July of '78

Also saw them a year later on the Highway To Hell tour, Oakland Auditorium.......And every tour since.