Topic: Looks like Joe is planning to retire.

In 20/25 years. . .

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/20 … ment-plans

Opinions?

Re: Looks like Joe is planning to retire.

I saw that, he stated max 62,

That would be a sad day in May of 2039,
As he says that will be 50yrs on the road

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

3 (edited by DougH 2015-11-19 15:49:49)

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8564774

Here in the Huff Post article

Having been playing guitar and touring since such a young age, do you feel that you'll still be doing this into your late 70's or late 80's like Buddy Guy and B.B. King?
JB: Nope. Not a chance.
Do you have a retirement date?
JB: The goal right now is twenty-two more years. But I may round it up and go to the AARP age of 62 so that I can put in an even fifty years--that is if the fans allow it.
What's your plan for after you retire from playing music?
JB: I'll take up like woodworking. I'll be like Bob Villa and do something like This Old House, but I'll call it This Old Guitar.

"That's if the fans allow it"
LoL
I think Joe's fans will take his guitars and amp's hostage if he tries to retire.

---------------

25 years is a long way away. Anything can happen between now and then and who knows how he will be feeling about it when that last day actually comes. I wouldn't be surprised if he slows down the touring a bit. It's got to take a toll on you as you get older. And who knows what might happen in his personal life to change things between now and then. But can't imagine him getting to a point where he doesn't play live anymore. Even if he stops his own touring, I would imagine he would pop in and play with others. He loves playing too much and he's too antsy. Can't ever seem to be able to sit still for long. I think I'll just sit back and see what happens.

One thing is for sure when he actually makes that decision and that is that he's earned it.

His pessimistic view on the future of live "real music" may say it all. Does he believe there will be no more to be made by then?
Reference the Huffpo interview for that thread.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Retirement is easy to say and can be difficult to do. When I 'retired' at 52 from the police I had always looked forward to it. After a month and a half at home I had done all the jobs, shopping, gardening etc and was driving the wife mad calling her asking what she fancied for meals. I knew what most of the stuff in the attic was worth and all about home improvements due to crappy daytime tv. I was getting very old very fast so I went back to teaching college and still enjoy it now almost 10 yrs later., I have no intention to quit at any age. It keeps you young. I only wish I had started back with guitar at retirement  time, it may have been different and I would be much better at it. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Well, all I can say is that I hope I'm still alive in 20 to 25 years, so if he wants to quit then, it's okay with me!

Yo Pal you ain't going nowhere!  Now take your multi-vitamin, do a couple of deep knee bends and stop this silly talk.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Of course Joe "retiring" will probably mean only four months of touring and three side projects!!

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

fett2112 wrote:

Of course Joe "retiring" will probably mean only four months of touring and three side projects!!

Haha! That's probably it.

Yea, what is he going to do, retire and travel and see the world?  Been there done that.  Be bored out of his mind sitting at home.  I could see him getting into producing, but Joe will never give up the guitar.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

13 (edited by DougH 2015-11-26 08:19:40)

bobkatmsu wrote:

Yea, what is he going to do, retire and travel and see the world?  Been there done that.  Be bored out of his mind sitting at home.  I could see him getting into producing, but Joe will never give up the guitar.

Psst.

I think he's already traveled and seen the world many times over..

he didn't have to wait to retire to travel.

sing after me

Sittin' in the morning sun
I'll be sittin' when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
Then I watch them roll away again, yeah

---------------

DougH wrote:
bobkatmsu wrote:

Psst.

I think he's already traveled and seen the world many times over..

he didn't have to wait to retire to travel.

sing after me

Sittin' in the morning sun
I'll be sittin' when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
Then I watch them roll away again, yeah

Ahhh, that was kinda my point.   Happy Thanksgiving to all.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.