Re: New release: Radio City DVD

RickB wrote:
whirlwind wrote:

It sends me an email, when I click on the link it takes me to Joe's site and ask for my e-mail address again, then it resends it to my e-mail....just a vicious circle...lol

Mine worked fine the first time. Try clearing the history and go again.

Seems to be a no go for me.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

whirlwind wrote:

I sent you a PM

Tibor wrote:

Hi Sarah,

You may want to try the record company: http://www.mascotlabelgroup.com/joebona … luray.html

You get your parcel from The Netherlands, so there are no import charges.

I

For you Tibor!

https://instagram.com/p/8icdOYS4Zx/

Thank you very much indeed. I am one very happy girl right now.

All the best,
Sarah
x

seventh.sway wrote:

I was so looking forward to waking up with a dispatch confirmation email from Amazon.co.uk this morning however I was very disappointed to receive the following message:

"Hello,

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed:

Joe Bonamassa "Radio City Music Hall [CD+DVD]"
   Estimated arrival date: October 16 2015 - October 19 2015"

Has any of my fellow British fans had the same issue? Have you been able to buy it elsewhere without importing it? I am inclined to buy direct from the JB store, it's a great excuse to binge buy some merchandise too but given my current lack of mobility from back surgery two weeks ago, I won't be able to get to the courier depot to pay the import taxes.

Hopefully I will be well enough to go to the Liverpool show in three weeks time - would love to be able to enjoy watching the RCMH show before then as I am on bed rest for now. However, I would hope that it may well be available to buy at the Liverpool gig as I managed to buy the Muddy Wolf show at the Hammersmith a few days before the release date. Contemplating cancelling my Amazon order and wait until I get to Liverpool...

Sarah

I've not received any email like that, Amazon still has the release date set for Friday. That's kind of worrying. :S

That song alone is almost worth the price of the DVD !

misthunter210 wrote:

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. I don't think any is are really talking negatively about it but there's just something about the mojo. The mix is great, the band and Joe are bumping so the vibe is not in the performance or recording. After seeing the set list for some of the recent shows, I think a set list like those would have gotten me a little more giddy. I just still can't put my finger on it though.

One less cross is still blowing me away though.

Murfdog

seventh.sway wrote:
Tibor wrote:

Hi Sarah,

You may want to try the record company: http://www.mascotlabelgroup.com/joebona … luray.html

I

For you Tibor!

All the best,
Sarah
x

Wow! I am glad that I could help. Hope you got a poster, too. Enjyo the music! ( I am going to buy it tomorrow before the Vienna show)

I agree...The 3 Kings release , I have a strong feeling, it's gonna be another epic Joe milestone !

mikewing wrote:

I had similar feelings upon hearing the album and watching the DVD.  I got the pre-order the first day anyone posted getting it here, and have listened to/watched both many times. 

What I've boiled this down to (for me personally) is the following:

1)  The last two live albums were Tour de Force and Muddy Wolf.  They were, in the opinion of most, his two best live recordings ever, by a very large margin.  Borderline gets more play than any other album for me.
2)  His last two studio albums have both raised the bar significantly in terms of what we expect from a JB studio album.

Joe's career is on a trajectory previously unexperienced & it feels as if it's still accelerating.  In many ways this album is Beacon 2.0.  It's a souped up version of his current tour used to document a performance at a significant venue.  At the time Beacon was one of Joe's most incredible performances.  3 years later Joe sells out a legendary venue twice the size, for two nights in a row, & puts on a show that exceeds the Beacon performance.  We're appreciative, but not as blown away as with the Beacon release. 

This isn't a bad thing.  This is how far Joe has raised the bar in the last 3 years.  I can't wait for the new studio album and the 3 Kings album.

Just my 2 cents

Mike

Murfdog

Tibor wrote:
seventh.sway wrote:
Tibor wrote:

Hi Sarah,

I

For you Tibor!

All the best,
Sarah
x

Wow! I am glad that I could help. Hope you got a poster, too. Enjyo the music! ( I am going to buy it tomorrow before the Vienna show)

Yep, got the poster. It almost ended up in divorce as to where it should hang, I thought above the wine rack but himself has other ideas. Lol.

Enjoy the show in Vienna, which I am sure you will!

seventh.sway wrote:
Tibor wrote:
seventh.sway wrote:

For you Tibor!

All the best,
Sarah
x

Yep, got the poster. It almost ended up in divorce as to where it should hang, I thought above the wine rack but himself has other ideas. Lol.

Enjoy the show in Vienna, which I am sure you will!

:-) Thank you!

64 (edited by mutantofthemonster 2015-10-12 23:24:13)

Watch the Full Complete Whole Concert here and see if it flows better...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … pKG9hWhnWT

imho much better and is not as "DRY" as the DVD...Note to whoever mixed the DVD, a little more audience level during the songs like on the CD would have made it much warmer and a better overall listening experience...imho

Thanks very much to JB for the 3 "Bonus" WAV Audio Tracks...

Any possibility of also releasing "Sloe Gin", "The Ballad of John Henry" and "Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)/Oh Beautiful" from 1/24/15 RCMH as well...

It would be greatly appreciated...especially for those of us who were at the show!!!

Thanks again from the depths of my soul for keeping the music alive!!!!

Update 10/11/15:

Better Version of Complete Concert from RCMH 1/24/2015 is posted here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … jxzW6pqXYR

Note:

This is a "Fixed" Version of this upload..."Happier Times" was not in "Sync" so corrected that and moved "Still Water" 2 spots forward in front of "Stones In My Passway" and "Slow Train" and before "Different Shades of Blue" ...It makes the "Acoustic" set flow so much better!!

Entire "Officially" released DVD Video + 1AnitrasDance "Audience" Videos - "Sloe Gin" and "Hey Baby(New Rising Sun)"/"Oh Beautiful" + Paulieflix "Audience" Videos - "Slow Train" and "The Ballad Of John Henry" + Slideshows with Joe Beacon 24/96 FLAC "Audience" Audio - "Intro" Music and "I Gave Up Everything For You, 'Cept The Blues"(1st Take) + Slideshows with "Officially" released JB "WAV" Audio Tracks - "Stones In My Passway" and "Athens To Athens".

This is the best I can do with my limited software...

I am really hoping someone will split DVD into individual tracks in 1080p and upload them please so we all can make a playlist with those and others not on DVD I previously uploaded...so everyone can enjoy the FULL Show in Best Quality!!!!

Sure wished they had put the whole show on DVD(well except maybe "Still Water"...it kind of didn't fit imho)...I went 1/24 and it was KILLER!!!!

So if your reading this JB...Thanks for the 3 bonus tracks and could you please also release "Sloe Gin", "The Ballad Of John Henry" and "Hey Baby(New Rising Sun)"/"Oh Beautiful" as well!!!

Also a "Collectors Edition" DVD with the Entire show(All Songs Please!!) would be greatly appreciated...especially for those of us who went!!

In the meantime what I posted on YouTube will have to do for now!!  smile

Thanks for that even if it kept me from work (again)!!!!  Good quality just a shame about the 'jive bunny wannabe' in the front. Thanks again. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

66 (edited by nmagcorn 2015-10-08 08:54:43)

I just recently got the Bluray and was watching the extras last night. It was cool to see Joe with his parents and the gift they gave him, but all during that part and any of the interview with Joe it seemed like who ever was filming it must have had their microphone constantly rubbing against some bit of clothing. Could hear this sound throughout all those clips and it was really distracting to listen to, almost made me not want to watch it. Kind of surprised that this would have occurred, would have thought that who ever was filming would be more cognizant of microphone placement. Has anyone else noticed this or is it some weird thing that only I am perceiving?

Just got the dispatch email from Amazon. . . I can't wait to see it!

timb wrote:
whirlwind wrote:

I sent you a PM

Thanks much...worked great   :-)

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

petew wrote:

Just got the dispatch email from Amazon. . . I can't wait to see it!

Glad to hear they have finally dispatched your order. Hope you enjoy it.

Sarah

just got the blu ray and will watch tonight.  I am more excited about the audio cd than the dvd.  several songs I want to add to my playlists.  My two cents is that this gig was really a big deal for Joe in his climb to fame.  He is just so good that it will be hard for him to keep topping himself.  But every time I say that, he does something completely different. I can't wait for work to be over.  Having a Joe fest tonite.

Got my Blu-Ray/CD combo today, and watched it this evening.  Awesome, as expected!

wvgirlinky wrote:

I can't wait for work to be over.  Having a Joe fest tonite.

That's what Saturday nights were meant for, eh?  big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO