1 (edited by xavier 2015-08-09 15:03:07)

Topic: Epiphone JB Les Paul Racing Green

http://www.iguitarmag.com/magazine-edit … _part_two/

Jump to 4:50 to see the prototype for a new signature Bonamassa Epiphone that looks epic!

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Re: Epiphone JB Les Paul Racing Green

xavier wrote:

http://www.iguitarmag.com/magazine-edit … _part_two/

Jump to 4:50 to see the prototype for a new signature Bonamassa Epiphone that looks epic!

Thx, another EPI Les Paul...!!!

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

I'm not wild about the color but I do love the tremolo assembly,  that's a nice addition.

newbonafan wrote:

I'm not wild about the color but I do love the tremolo assembly,  that's a nice addition.

I agree completely, I'm not into the green color, but an affordable LP with a bigsby is tempting.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Looks great!  However I would have liked to have seen it with either (a) gold/cream coloured plastic pickup rings and pickguard instead of black, OR (b) gold hardware (pickup covers, Bigsby etc.).

To me, Gold tends to go well with that British Racing Green.  Love that colour on cars, but it rarely looks good on a guitar without the other bits of trim complementing it.  Even most cars with BRG seem to have white pinstripes etc. to highlight it.

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Rusty wrote:
newbonafan wrote:

I agree completely, I'm not into the green color, but an affordable LP with a bigsby is tempting.

Ha ha, so that's what it's called , I'm not a player but I do prefer my JB Epiphone Goldtop like the one in your signature.  I bought it for Joe to sign but I might just take lessons.

http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/2 … ndard.aspx

About the new guitar.

Bit of divided opinion on Facebook, but then that happens with every guitar. Most of the negativity coming out of people who are spoilt and want a little attention but a lot of positivity too.

I noticed some people still can't wrap their heads around different knob types for volume and tone, despite it being a pretty straightforward principle.

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

That's a nice 355 too.

It was nice to hear that Joe also thinks that so long as you know how to set them up properly, you won't get tunning issues on a guitar with a trem.

Somehow missed that interview initially. A lot of good stuff talked about. Personally I'm hoping he brings back the Jubilees in the future, which is always a possibility since his rig has changed multiple times over the years. I dig the sound right now but eventually I'll miss the different flavors of the big rig.

As far as the Epiphone has anyone seen a price point and release date? Dig the Bigsby but no so much on that green. I will always appreciate that Joe is so accommodating to fans that want the "inspired by Bonamassa" guitars but don't want or have the money to go Custom shop. I was kinda hoping the next epiphone would be a Bonabird. I'm kinda surprised we haven't heard anything lately about the Gibson custom shop Bonabird that was prototyped out.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

10 (edited by Devan 2015-09-02 00:00:47)

Are these actually out yet?  I would have dearly loved to have got a Pelham Blue one last year, but they ran out quick.

Interesting that the Epi site describes that colour as "Inverness Green" rather than "British Racing Green"... Wonder if there actually IS a difference in hue, or whether it is a copyright thing?

EDIT: Just realised that it was ME that came up with the term "British Racing Green"!!  I thought I had read it on an earlier product brief somewhere... lol

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Devan wrote:

Interesting that the Epi site describes that colour as "Inverness Green" rather than "British Racing Green"... Wonder if there actually IS a difference in hue, or whether it is a copyright thing?

EDIT: Just realised that it was ME that came up with the term "British Racing Green"!!  I thought I had read it on an earlier product brief somewhere... lol

I usually envision British Racing Green as a dark hunter green shade.  (Didn't/doesn't Joe have a BMW or a Lotus that color?)

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

I thought it was racing green because that's what Joe said in the interview originally.

Guitars:

xavier wrote:

I thought it was racing green because that's what Joe said in the interview originally.

he did, it is on the video, Americans speaking on British culture eh? wink

Personally like he shade of green whatever it is, like the different knobs, it was the first thing I noticed when I saw Joe play his signature gold top in 2009.....

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

sally12333 wrote:
Devan wrote:

I usually envision British Racing Green as a dark hunter green shade.  (Didn't/doesn't Joe have a BMW or a Lotus that color?)

Lotus maybe, but a BMW wouldn't be British Racing Green as they're German :-P

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Devan wrote:

Are these actually out yet?  I would have dearly loved to have got a Pelham Blue one last year, but they ran out quick.

Not sure if this is any use to you, but Guitarguitar and a couple other shops here in London still have them in stock...

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet