Topic: Joe on the Tonight Show

I saw on Facebook that Joe is on the Tonight Show this week. I think it is Sept. 4. Any one know anything else about this? Know if  Joe and the band are playing or if Joe is playing with the Tonight Show band? Is Sept. 4 the correct date?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Joe on the Tonight Show

Thanks for the heads up,  I had no idea.  From nbc. com it says the musical guest is Brad Paisley and Joe sitting in with the house band,  The Roots.  This is Friday,  September 4th.

3 (edited by sally12333 2015-08-31 11:15:17)

What a shame not to have Joe as the main attraction!  What a wasted opportunity.  What was Jimmy thinking?  He must not have heard Joe perform first hand...

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:

What a shame not to have Joe as the main attraction!  What a wasted opportunity.  What was Jimmy thinking?  He must not have heard Joe perform first hand...

Well look at it this way when Joe plays with the house band Jimmy will freak out then the seeds will be planted for him as main later. What a great opportunity. Funny I contacted the tonight show about 4 months ago telling them about Joe and my story and how great of a player and a person he is. Maybe I helped in a small way. Who cares about that but what matters is he will be on. That ago Joe
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Joe will be sitting in with the roots on Thursday September 3rd.

Bill

6 (edited by airportdon 2015-08-31 13:02:27)

Yeah will be like when Joe sat in with the Letterman band mates...I guess a few minutes is better than nothing @ all

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

7 (edited by DougH 2015-08-31 20:05:28)

Such a shame they just by pass his talent.

Maybe Joe can break out a version of Django to show how his guitar can soar.

Hate for him to be buried in the band mix.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Any other TV show in any other country and people will jump on the opportunity to have him perform for much longer.
And it seems, but correct me if I'm wrong, that most other musicians who go on American chat shows actually get a performing slot.
It may be superstitious of me but I feel that Joe's TV appearance is being deliberately supressed.

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

I'm sure with Joes business ability and acumen that he knows what he is doing is a positive step or he wouldn't be doing it. How many watch the show? big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

I've set my recorder to record last week, this and next, just in-case of airing conflicts
Jimmy played guitar with Neil Young and an interview for his Pongo mp3 device.
but on the same show he had 'old' Doc Severinsen playing trumpet in the band.

he acknowledged doc in the band but that was it.. just play a few notes small acknowledgement

we'll hope for the best Friday night

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

I think it's okay to sit in with the band. He probably gets more playing time that way and will have plenty of opportunities to blow the audience away.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Conflicting dates, is it Sept 3rd or 4th?  Does anyone know for sure?

Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground
Mother Earth will swallow you
Lay your body down
from CSN

bluecelt100 wrote:

I believe it's Sept 3rd

I had the wife record the weeks shows, I will see the man "Shred" the place up smile

Fallon had Buddy Guy on recently and he sat in with the band.  They showed him several times and Fallon acknowledged him several times.  I'm sure he will make Joe's presence known wink  He really gets in to all the musicians he has on, Joe should be no different, in fact he will set the bar for those to follow on future shows. smile

pattyluvsjoe cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Saw and enjoyed Buddy Guy!

Joe posted on FB he is on Thursday night!

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Fallon had Buddy Guy on recently and he sat in with the band.  They showed him several times and Fallon acknowledged him several times.  I'm sure he will make Joe's presence known wink  He really gets in to all the musicians he has on, Joe should be no different, in fact he will set the bar for those to follow on future shows. smile

pattyluvsjoe cool

yup he will i bet after this Jimmy will have him on as musical guest

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

bluecelt100 wrote:

Well, I DVR'd it last night and the Tonight show listing definitely indicates that Joe is appearing on Thursday September 3rd.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"