1 (edited by micamused 2015-08-19 12:22:21)

Topic: First run JBLP Goldtop Aged (and signed)

Hi guys,

I was not considering selling this guitar until today but life changes, I am currently not playing the guitar, I live abroad, the guitar is stored at my parents house, and I have just a great opportunity to buy a very nice luthier guitar so...

If anyone is interested to grab my bonamassa for the right price, I may let her go.

It is #214, the aging on this one is really great, which is not the case on all of them, the neck is nice, more like a 59 round profile, it has been played less than 40 hours, at my home, smoke-free, and I had Joe signed the back of the headstock years ago when he played close to me. I am the first owner of this one...

I would prefer to keep it in Europe but I am open to offers.

I am NOW looking to sell at $5000.

I will send photos link and videos if anyone is interested here. Also, if the guitar I am currently looking for is sold, I will keep this one.

Thanks,
Michael.

Re: First run JBLP Goldtop Aged (and signed)

Good luck with your sale.....
I'm not sure on what you mean when you say the aging is better....unlike a flame top which is either great or a dud...

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Thanks,

aging can also be all over the place (like a choice of top for CC collections), especially at the time this goldtop was done, it was one of the first aging job for the custom shop, for an artist serie... so if you have a chance to look at different one, you will clearly see some aging was not very inspired.

Hi so is the guitar now in the states or Europe? If in the states I would be interested if in Europe the insurance, duties and shipping
is way to high. Properly insured and shipped then duties could cost $1500.

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Hi Ron,

she is in Paris right now, I was more thinking of $200-$250 for shipment to the US but I have never done that before so maybe I am completely wrong. I used to ship from Spain to France and I always paid 40 euros... of course without the total amount insured.

We may find a way to make that deal if you are really interested, please contact me at micabelk@gmail.com

Thanks.

I may be able to get a very good deal if someone want it quickly ...

A video is available in Youtube, just search for "Bonamassa mesa boogie lonestar".

Cheers,
Michael.

micamused wrote:

Hi Ron,

she is in Paris right now, I was more thinking of $200-$250 for shipment to the US but I have never done that before so maybe I am completely wrong. I used to ship from Spain to France and I always paid 40 euros... of course without the total amount insured.

We may find a way to make that deal if you are really interested, please contact me at micabelk@gmail.com

Thanks.

I have been done this road before and with shipping insurance and customs to get it to the states could get to $1500. Then you still need to cross your fingers it get here in one piece.
I am sure you will sell it but my guess will be to someone on your side of the pond.
Cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Hey Ron,

I think this price would be for exporting a guitar from the US to France, but you don't have those custom taxes when you receive the guitar to the US.

Anyway, I was thinking of another kind of deal. I want to buy a guitar in the US, so maybe it would a lot less expensive to have someone travel to the US with my guitar and going back with the other... or the other way around.

I need $5300 to buy my guitar so...  if you are willing to visit Paris for a few days and I can go down to that price and you travel to Paris smile

I mean, it should not be dificult to find a friend willing to travel for free to France or the US smile

Guys,

I have a great opportunity in Europe now to get a guitar I am really willing to get, so in a hurry to get funds...

which means I would take $5000 in Europe for a quick sale.

Thanks.

Nice! I'm the owner of #213 and always wondered, who is that guy in Paris with #214? smile

Good luck with the sale, bro!

Mikhail

Hi Mikhail, Well this guy with #214 is Michael smile

Great guitars, do you have photos of yours, or videos?

HellRot wrote:

Nice! I'm the owner of #213 and always wondered, who is that guy in Paris with #214? smile

Mikhail

12 (edited by HellRot 2015-08-25 07:22:58)

Cheers, mate!

Here is some amature video from the last performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3GKZXFEpBk

micamused wrote:

HellRot wrote:

Mikhail

HellRot wrote:

Cheers, mate!

Here is some amature video from the last performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3GKZXFEpBk

micamused wrote:

HellRot wrote:

Mikhail

very cool looks like you were having a great time

Great guitars.  I have No 122, otherwise I would have been looking for one.  Good luck with the sale

It would be a perfect timing for me to sell that one, I already found what I wanted to buy but need the cash urgently or will lose this opportunity smile

Where are JB fans??

micamused wrote:

It would be a perfect timing for me to sell that one, I already found what I wanted to buy but need the cash urgently or will lose this opportunity smile

Where are JB fans??

We are here unfortunately I suspect folks in U.S. Have the same issues as I with import fees, insurance and dutys. Those fees alone make it impractical to purchase a overseas guitar unless you know someone that would hand carry it on a plane that happens to be flying over here. I am sure there are others like myself that would love to have this guitar but it is really not practical with all the extra fees to get it. I am sure someone on your side of the pond would love to have it. Good luck cheers Ron

micamused wrote:

Where are JB fans??

Ron is absolutely right. I couldn't even consider purchasing your guitar for the reasons Ron stated. Good Luck.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How Iā€™d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

18 (edited by jbyrd1 2015-09-01 16:40:03)

Ron,

I don't know where you are getting "import duties or fees". The guitar was made in the U.S., so there are no duties charged when something made in the U.S. comes back into the U.S.. I have shipped and received several guitars over seas and I am 100% sure in what I'm telling you.

Insured shipping through FedEx would probably run about $300 or so, but zero duties.