Topic: Keeley 1962 Marshall Tones

Good morning everyone -
Did another video for the Keeley people. This is a new pedal in their line (they're cranking out new pedals like crazy lately) - its based on their Katana circuit, but done in a way that simulates the preamp/poweramp of an old Marshall. Sounds 800-ish to me. Had alot of fun doing this demo, given the name I did a longer history based intro. Hope you all like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3_TeUpPIWs

Cheers
Jack

Re: Keeley 1962 Marshall Tones

Very nice demo. I used to be all about Keeley pedals. I still use a Keeley modded tube screamer and a Keeley modded DD-3. The pedal in your demo sounds good. Does it also have an amp like feel to it?  I have a Jetter 45/100 that has outstanding plexi sound and feel through a Fender amp. I am currently looking at the Keeley Aurora Reverb pedal. Do you have any experience with it.

HoosierRock wrote:

Very nice demo. I used to be all about Keeley pedals. I still use a Keeley modded tube screamer and a Keeley modded DD-3. The pedal in your demo sounds good. Does it also have an amp like feel to it?  I have a Jetter 45/100 that has outstanding plexi sound and feel through a Fender amp. I am currently looking at the Keeley Aurora Reverb pedal. Do you have any experience with it.

Thank you! I really enjoy this pedal- it sits somewhere between amp like and pedal like. It has a little more pedal compression when you turn up the gain, but it stays open when you run it back more like a boost or preamp.

The Aurora is my favorite reverb pedal - the only reverb sound it doesn't do which I also love is Spring, but it does Hall, Room and Plate better than just about any other reverb I've tried. I demo'd that one as well, here is a link to it -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-8LB9LGFm8

I found it particularly inspiring as it gets a great 3D hall tone when you use the slapback control, which is a more stylish way of saying pre-delay.

It is a nice demo, though I am underwhelmed by the tone of the pedal. Bummer.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD