Topic: 2015 Gibson True Historic

I was wondering if anyone checked these out...nice but wow the price $$$$$
http://www.google.com/url?url=http://ww … H-q1t9DUNg

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Re: 2015 Gibson True Historic

Lol, "True" historic.  What will they come up with next?  I'm sure they're nice guitars, but this has long since gotten ridiculous.  I suppose if people buy them then it's a win for Gibson.  Just not my kind of thing.

What's these make mine and everyone else's Skinnerbursts...?

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

I'm sure they are very nice, well made guitars, but the price is ridiculous. I'd love to know what the profit margin is.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

I will investigate once they reach the UK but I agree the prices are getting ridiculous. In a way its just a reissue with a new name.

I think few would buy them if Gibson didn't make the habit of limiting the runs of all the recent models so much, so when all the good models are sold out, what are people left with?

I feel quite lucky with my two Gibsons. My 2008 was brand new and only in the shop a few days before I got it, and my 2012 Robot studio was the first to arrive in the UK and pre-orders through Macaris in London.

But what choice do we have now? Shelling out a fortune when a decent affordabe LP is not available.

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

judging by the massive discounts being offered for their “standard” 2015 models it appears that they are trying to cover what must be a disastrous year with the sale of some very high end models. A great shame the company is being managed so poorly. sad

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Ian916 wrote:

judging by the massive discounts being offered for their “standard” 2015 models it appears that they are trying to cover what must be a disastrous year with the sale of some very high end models. A great shame the company is being managed so poorly. sad

On the other hand, Gibson Memphis division is absolutely killing it right now. All the upgrades people want, definitely seem to be finding the right balance between modern advancements and traditional appointments as well as offering more model options than before. The prices aren't terrible either for what they are and what they've been.

Out of all the guitars I've tried in the past five years or so, the one that has really knocked me out (figuratively, no one hit me over the head with it) is the ES Les Paul - used for around $2K, older models for 23-25, and the new ones coming in around $3K. Still alot of money, but comparatively I think much better quality than the regular Gibson line and they seem more in tune with what the modern day Gibson fan wants.

I do not disagree with your praise for the range, - just that these are niche market as opposed to core business for Gibson, - it is a tragedy what they have done to the Les Paul range, and I am speaking as somebody who went in open minded about the updates/new features to buy one.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

I don't think I've ever seen so many 'new' Les Pauls on ebay....tons of 2014 and 15 models for a huge drop in price...and the early 2000s and mid 90s ones are starting to rocket up...because they are the good ones.
Shame it's such a grey suit business now...they are further removing themselves from the crafters they once were...and if you want the good stuff...prepare to sell your car/house...and I mean that literally when it comes to the Artist or Choice models.
Though I think they did pretty well with the CS 339s...personally.
If you're in the UK...you're better of checking out Feline or Crimson Guitars for a truly well made guitar...made with love and care.