Topic: Hello Everyone!

I'm Brian, aka "The Curmudgeon" because of my cynical attitude and advanced age (64). I've been a pro or semi-pro musician for over 50 years. Started on guitar for 9 years, but when I couldn't find work as a guitarist and everyone said "but we could sure use a bass player," the light bulb went on in my head and I made the switch. I was never out of a gig again! Finally, about 4 years ago, I was contacted by some members of the first band I had any real success in--as a guitarist. They had been approached about doing some reunion shows but said they wouldn't do it without me. I explained that I hadn't picked up a guitar since 1973, and they just said "start practicin'!" So I bought an Epi '56 Gold Top, since an early-50's Gibson Gold Top had always been my dream guitar years ago. Couldn't afford--or find-- one then, now I can find 'em, but I still can't afford one!
Anyhow, along my journey of re-learning guitar, I discovered Joe, and he blew me away! Not just with his playing, which we all can agree, is amazing, but with his work ethic, his humility and approachability, everything. So here I am, ready to get acquainted and to learn. If I violate protocol, let me know--I get really aggravated when somebody new shows up in a forum and acts like he has all the answers.
Brian
P.S.--A few months ago I bought an Epiphone JB Les Paul. Wow! What a guitar. It's my favorite out of all the ones I've ever owned--except possibly the '63 Strat I foolishly sold in '68.

Re: Hello Everyone!

Hew Brian, welcome to the forum.

Although you are new here it sounds like you will be able to contribute well.  Great first post by the way.

I also have an Epi Gold Top, but a '57, and a JB Les Paul Studio.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Welcome Brian!
Don't worry about the protocol. Stay away from politics and religion and it's all good. No worry about your worry. I've yet to see one like that. Anyone that bothers to post here is an auto-way less skill than the guy that owns this house and they come here to chase the tone and steal riffs and try and emulate what blows us all away. Good luck with that. Once in a while we get a hater but they don't last long. wink
Rock on and get down with that goldtop. Sounds like fun! Looking forward to your input and you will have lots of pals over on the gear section. It's a real friendly place here.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Welcome to the forum, Brian!!  I'm glad that you decided to join us, it's never too late to hop on the JB bandwagon. There is always room on board.  smile

Hi Brian . welcome from another oldie with an Epi Les Paul (JB). Enjoy the forum and the good company. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Hi welcome to the group......enjoy the topics

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Welcome to the forum Brian...great first post!
I'm sure you'll fit right in here.

Bill

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

welcome aboard many great folks here any many guitar geeks with severe cases of G.A.S.
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Welcome Brian, nice to have you here!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Welcome Brian, enjoy the topics and great people here.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Welcome to the forum Brian from a friend, Parasite68 (Brian) from MLP! Lol!
This site is great for Bonamassa fans!  Everybody's great, but it's not as busy as MLP!
Enjoy your stay!

Brian

"There's a hard life for every silver spoon, there's a touch of grey for every shade of blue.  That's the way that I see life.  If there was nothing wrong, then there'd be nothing right." - Brent Smith
"The blues aint nothing but a good man feeling bad". Leon Redbone

Hi, Brian! Welcome.

Anna Laura