Topic: Fuzz face mini

Hey how does the mini compare to the big size JB fuzz face?

Re: Fuzz face mini

anyone?

According to Dunlop, they are identical. Exact same circuit.  There may be slight differences due to the tolerances on the transistors, but that is true with ALL fuzzes.

I've seen the board in the big fuzz and its like really, I mean really small compared to the size of the pedal.
Don't know why they ever made it that big. and being round makes it hard to fit on your board correctly with all the small rectangle pedals'

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

When they designed it you didn't have pedals, you had pedal.  You didn't need a board, your pedal and back up battery fit in your guitar case, or the back of your amp.

6 (edited by Blues57 2015-07-13 16:34:57)

received mine yesterday, and it doesn't look like the big one I had. All the new mini fuzz face seem to have the same circuit, only different components on the board

I own both an original 1st run copper version, and the new black mini. A-B tested them side by side.
The mini is very close if run on batteries. Once you use the 9v adapter option, i noticed a bit more head room.
Not as grindy? I have two different boards ( main board for all live shows, and a simpler grab and go board for
open mics, jams, rehersals etc.)  I've been bouncing the mini back and forth between the two. No-one else
in the band seemed to notice any difference . Maybe I'm just to picky, or neurotic about tone. I don't
think you would be disappointed if the mini was your main fuzz. I agree the smaller foot print is a plus in
its favor. AHHHHH decisions, decisions,decisions………Never ending search(battle?)
Cheers
Fred

Guitars..'07 Custom shop 58 flametop, '11 JB studio goldtop, Nash custom aged 63 strat, Breedlove custom shop quilted Jumbo.
Amps etc: Fuchs, Blackjack 21 Head, Retro Channel RR1 Retro wreck head, Marshall 2601 Cabs loaded with eminence
Lady Luck 75 watt 12's. J.B sig Wah, J.B. FET driver, Keeley modded TS9, Boss DD3, CE2, Tu2
Pickboy 1.50 pix, EB power slinkys.