Re: Real 59 Burst $$$

PayDay wrote:

What makes Hanks Guitars in London

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Nice guitar... Used to belong to friend of mine. Big top.

Price: madness and most likely just a wind up.

Vendor: Criminals

Results: no sale

Joe B

Joe, sorry to raise an older thread, but since I am looking to purchasing an older guitar, what's the score with Hanks Guitar shop in London? What makes them criminal?
A heads up would be useful - I'm not looking to spend mega bucks, but to me, the money I do put out will be a substantial amount.
I do personally think that even ~300k is way out there for one of these (although if I had the money, I would no doubt completely contradict myself and purchase at least one smile), especially if it's going to end up in someone's house or vault, locked away never to be seen or heard again.

Well someone mentioned they where connected to "Music Ground" which knowingly sold stolen guitars.  Also they sold fake guitars and amps.

Hanks is Music Ground. They single handedly ruined the Marshall combo market. They sell fakes that they make. Phil and Justin epitomize the seedy under belly of the vintage guitar business. Beware! 
Joe B

21 (edited by sally12333 2015-05-20 13:25:53)

Joe (or anyone), is there any connection between this Hanks London and the "Hanks Vintage Guitars in Pittsburgh", as in the shirt Joe wore in the Muddy Wolf video Joe & Kevin's Great Adventure to the Crossroads?

If so, I can't imagine Joe's wearing their shirt!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -plot.html

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Hey Sally,
     Harry Hank aka Hanks vintage guitars in Pittsburg is as good as they come. I do business with Hank all the time and consider him a great friend. No association whatsoever.

Cheers
Joe

I'd like to start collecting guitar store tshirts. cool

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

If you made it a rule that you had to visit the physical shop in order to get the T-Shirt, it could be a fun wee game! smile

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

When I bought my flametop Bonaburst from Wildwood it came with a t-shirt.

Told wifey that I paid almost $5K for the t-shirt and then they threw in a free guitar, but she didn't buy that story! smile

Kevin

kestrou wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

Told wifey that I paid almost $5K for the t-shirt and then they threw in a free guitar, but she didn't buy that story! smile

Kevin

A lot of places are doing that...they could have sent her one as well....

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

airportdon wrote:
kestrou wrote:
NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

Kevin

A lot of places are doing that...they could have sent her one as well....

Yup - I actually have quite a few HIGH DOLLAR t-shirts - think I'll make hangers and put them on the walls for all to admire! big_smile

Kevin