Topic: BB King The Life of Riley

My son gave me the DVD for Christmas, he likes to give me things he wants to borrow later, and since BB's health situation makes us realize he won't be with us forever. I decided to make time to watch it. Such a great film. Joe was interviewed along with so many others influenced by the King. The common theme is how much he is loved by generations of fans, family and friends and how he is so kind and humble. When you see the early beginnings in his life and see how he could be an angry man, he is truly an inspiration for us all. I highly recommend this 2 hour tribute to the living legend. It was really great to see Joe included in the extras as well.

Re: BB King The Life of Riley

Thanks, I will check it out.  I can't think of any one that has been more influential in the Blues/Rock genre than BB King, in the past 100 years.  Long live the King!!!

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

This is a great documentary!  B.B. King is an American icon as well as a Blues icon.  Best wishes to Riley!

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

=o|-[ wrote:

This is a great documentary!!

+1 ... it is very well done ... I came away with not only a greater appreciation of Mr. BB's music ... but of the man himself.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Just finished watching this again in honor of BB. We watched it on the Qello concert channel on Apple TV.

It really is extremely well done. You couldn't write a fictional story to match BB's true life story.

jim m wrote:

My son gave me the DVD for Christmas, he likes to give me things he wants to borrow later, and since BB's health situation makes us realize he won't be with us forever. I decided to make time to watch it. Such a great film. Joe was interviewed along with so many others influenced by the King. The common theme is how much he is loved by generations of fans, family and friends and how he is so kind and humble. When you see the early beginnings in his life and see how he could be an angry man, he is truly an inspiration for us all. I highly recommend this 2 hour tribute to the living legend. It was really great to see Joe included in the extras as well.

I watched this on youtube last night....I am so glad I took the time...it was much worth it.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Thanks for the "heads up" Jim.
Sounds like a good diversion from this rainy Sunday morning.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

We watched this last night.  An amazing man who touched so many lives and left this earth making a difference.  One of a kind and he will be missed.

Just finished watching this documentary. What an amazing man BB was, truly inspirational. So fortunate I was able to see him live before he passed. What moves me the most about him is how humble and appreciate he is about everything, even with the hardships he faced early on. Definitely got emotional towards the end, what an amazing man. The 3 Kings tour is such a great homeage to not only one, but 3 legends