Topic: Norfolk - UK

Hey all,
Just thought i'd drop in this section to say hi.
I love Joe, Eric Johnson and all the greats and enjoying all that is Bonamassa!
J.

Re: Norfolk - UK

Hi and welcome, payday. Enjoy the good company. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Hey. Sorry, I got distracted smile

Hi there, PayDay.  Nice to have you here.  Tell us how you discovered Joe.  Enjoy the good folks here!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

5 (edited by PayDay 2015-05-12 04:14:08)

Hey!
I think it was more of an unavoidable crossing of paths more than a discovery.  smile
A while back, knowing my obsession with guitars and the blues, my parents invited me over to theirs for dinner and told me they'd recording something off Sky Arts or a similar channel. This recording was of Joe playing at the Royal Albert Hall, his Tour de Force tour I believe.

Right at that moment, I new I was watching and listening to someone very special. As the sets progressed, I couldn't actually believe how i'd missed such a bloody amazing artist until this moment.

Ever since, my massive Joe Bonamassa playlist has been my go to playlist, when I need to get my head into some music and I am very thankful for that.

For me, Joe is like a missing link. I believe he is one of, if not the most important artists, of his craft, of my generation and I can see he is inspiring many up and coming future artists of the next generation which is a complete God send given the state of the music industry.

Same is now true for me, he is inspiring me, even though I started late, to continue my interest in the guitar and to try to improve.

He's a couple of years older than me so if I can find a way to squeeze about 20 years of practice and study into about two, I should be good to go! smile
Regards,
Jonathan.

I'm 60 and it hasn't worked for me yet, but don't get downhearted and keep trying. lol

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

PSmith1946 wrote:

I'm 60 and it hasn't worked for me yet, but don't get downhearted and keep trying. lol

Thanks l, I will do!

TheGuitarAficionado wrote:

Welcome....If you own the guitar in your avatar then I'd say you are one lucky dog....it's a beauty.

Yes sir, that is indeed mine. It's a 2014 Standard Plus AAAA. I'll try and stick some decent pics of it up at some point. The flame and book matching on it was epic! big_smile

PayDay wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:

Thanks l, I will do!

TheGuitarAficionado wrote:

Welcome....If you own the guitar in your avatar then I'd say you are one lucky dog....it's a beauty.

Yes sir, that is indeed mine. It's a 2014 Standard Plus AAAA. I'll try and stick some decent pics of it up at some point. The flame and book matching on it was epic! big_smile

welcome to the forum....love your guitar post more pics
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Welcome to the forum J!

Big fan of EJ myself ..

Enjoy the topics and wonderful folks here

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Welcome to the forum!
I've heard people say that Joe inspires them to practice more...I've heard other people say he's made them want to sell their guitars and stop playing altogether because "what's the point".
LOL, I like the "inspired" attitude better, but can understand the other.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Welcome on the Blues Rock Funk Groove Classic Ship with the sailor: Master JB...