Topic: Joe to play Star Spangled Banner!

Wednesday April 29 before the Arizona Diamondbacks v. Colorado Rockies baseball game in Phoenix. He is playing slide on a Les Paul. Should be amazing!

Re: Joe to play Star Spangled Banner!

Oh say can you see....we heard the slide rendition today!  Joe will knock it out of the park!!

TEAM JOE!  wink
                              pattyluvsjoe. cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hope someone can record it for the rest of us

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

♫ Take me out to the ball game ♫ , That would be great to see!

Love it...hope my cable network carries the game!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

This is so cool! I saw Frank Marino play it with Mahogany Rush when they opened for Kansas at Rupp Arena in 1979, one of my first concerts and quite memorable. I'm sure it will be for all those folks getting to see Joe play it before the game!

The game is on FoxSports Arizona at 9:30 eastern time. It was channel 686 on DirectTV assuming it's not blacked out if you don't have the MLB package. Just hope if it is on they show it, lately it seems the networks have commentary and commercials right up until the game starts. Not to long ago I saw where Warren Haynes was playing National Anthem before the Nicks game tuned in and they didn't show it but did catch it on youtube next day smile

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"

Just wanted to wish Joe good luck today on his performance of the National Anthem. From just the little bit of practice we heard I know it will sound amazing. Hope someone gets a recording of it so we can all see, plus would love to see a photo of Joe with the team shirt with his name on it. Very cool stuff Joe! So happy for you!

Good luck Joe I am sure you do not need it

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Joe, play that awful tune so darn good, somebody feels compelled to complain! tongue

That'll mean success I am sure! big_smile cool

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Knock their socks off! And enjoy the game! Update on my previous post for FoxArizona on DirectTV it was live Sunday until the game came on and then blacked out sad So you can only get it if you're subscribed to the MLB package hope someone gets a recording up on YouTube cool

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"

Break a leg Joe!  You'll make America proud for sure!!

(hopefully a video will be posted up!)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Rocket wrote:

Joe, play that awful tune so darn good, somebody feels compelled to complain! tongue

That'll mean success I am sure! big_smile cool

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

Awful tune ????? You're joking right?

"Never be impatient with the ones who love you, it might be yourself that you're burning"

My guess is that Rocket means The Star Spangled Banner isn't the easiest song to play and is probably one of the most "bloopered" songs performed.  We've all heard or seen the words mixed up more than once.  I don't think Rocket was speaking derogatory about our national anthem.  That's my take wink

pattyluvsjoe  cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

14 (edited by bobkatmsu 2015-04-29 19:19:44)

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

My guess is that Rocket means The Star Spangled Banner isn't the easiest song to play and is probably one of the most "bloopered" songs performed.  We've all heard or seen the words mixed up more than once.  I don't think Rocket was speaking derogatory about our national anthem.  That's my take wink

pattyluvsjoe  cool

+1, ya gotta know Rocket.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

15 (edited by edragoo 2015-04-29 21:53:51)

bobkatmsu wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

pattyluvsjoe  cool

+1

Samesies

P.S. If anyone gets video of this share away! Can't wait to see this!

P.S.S. I thought Joe was a Yankees fan? Lol

No  vid yet, but here's some great young talent rocking the Star Spangled Banner on what looks like a Joe B. goldtop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3da_dQYvGGo

It looks like Joe enjoyed it! http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news- … /471570380

18 (edited by whirlwind 2015-04-30 05:20:27)

http://m.mlb.com/video/v95391883/colari … led-banner

Done with much class....very well done , Joe  :-)

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp