Topic: Sacramento, CA

Wondering if any one is going to the May 6 Sacramento, CA concert? I am bringing my Father in-law and good friend. They are Bona-virgins. This will be my 4th JB concert. I missed the Dec. 13 Fresno, CA concert because my baby twin girls were born the day before the concert. I had second row tickets!

Got suggestions for pre-concert dinner/drinks in Sac?

Re: Sacramento, CA

Congratulations on your twin arrivals, and great baby grows, whatever next lol

I'll be there with my husband, Scott.

Well....I guess if you have to miss Joe..that's a fairly good reason...you probably have names, but Josephine and Joann might be good !! Jolene,ooohh ooh Jo Beth....CONGRATULATIONS!!

Murfdog

I pitched the idea of naming one girl Joanna and another one Bonnie. Or name one Joe-Bona and the other Bonnie-Joe. But these were rejected. :-)

Wont be at the show, have to tend to other matters, I know the show will be fantastic as always!

Have Fun!

gymstreet wrote:

I pitched the idea of naming one girl Joanna and another one Bonnie. Or name one Joe-Bona and the other Bonnie-Joe. But these were rejected. :-)

smile smile

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Last night's show in Sacramento was awesome! This was my fourth time seeing Joe and he and the band gets better every time I see them. I loved the addition of the horns and percussion. I prefer the electric and blues set over the acoustic and electric set from the last time I saw Joe.

The setlist was the same as other gigs on this tour. Joe was on fire from the first song until the last one. His solos were mind blowing! The crowd was great...not too many drunk idiots around me. I was sad that it was not a sell out. Joe said that there were 3,000 at the show.

A funny thing happened during a quiet part of John Henry...A woman yelled out something like "take me Joe" or "do me Joe". And Joe looked in the direction of the women and smiled. Every body laughed their assess off.

My Father in-law and friends are no long Bona-virgins. They loved the show. My buddy made a funny comment about a women in front of us....I think she just had a Bona-gasim.  :-)

gymstreet wrote:

Last night's show in Sacramento was awesome! This was my fourth time seeing Joe and he and the band gets better every time I see them. I loved the addition of the horns and percussion. I prefer the electric and blues set over the acoustic and electric set from the last time I saw Joe.

The setlist was the same as other gigs on this tour. Joe was on fire from the first song until the last one. His solos were mind blowing! The crowd was great...not too many drunk idiots around me. I was sad that it was not a sell out. Joe said that there were 3,000 at the show.

A funny thing happened during a quiet part of John Henry...A woman yelled out something like "take me Joe" or "do me Joe". And Joe looked in the direction of the women and smiled. Every body laughed their assess off.

My Father in-law and friends are no long Bona-virgins. They loved the show. My buddy made a funny comment about a women in front of us....I think she just had a Bona-gasim.  :-)

My 18th show in 10 yrs., the first couple were when he was still travelin' in the van with a trailer as he mentioned last night. Now its 4 tour buses and 2 semi's. Things have changed just a bit! I was chattin' with Carmine before the show about it and he said even he can't believe how many people they travel with these days. I used to lend a hand loading in and out back when it was JB and about 5 others. As far as the show went I was diggin' the horn section and Joe gettin' funkier and more soulful on many of the tunes. That's why I keep coming back cuz it always evolves! Can't wait for the next installment!

JB RAWKS!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Thanks for the reviews .. great stuff!

Love the tot's t's gymstreet .. too kewl smile

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Jdawg!! This is the only time I get to review the reviewers.  Why didn't I see you? You guys are family to me...  Next time say hi for old times sake.. Like in Chico.. 

Joe B

We were at this show and the sound was horrible. Couldn't understand what Joe was saying or signing.. I know it's not the venue as we've seen him there before and it was a great show.  Spoke to others who were sitting in other areas and they had the same feedback.

Honestly, I felt sad.  Joe and the band gave it there all and us that came to see a great show got robbed.  Hate too see them aLl busting it and we couldn't really enjoy it at all..

gymstreet wrote:

You didn't notice the sound system was off for this show? We have also seen Joe more times than I can remember and this was not good..

gymstreet wrote:

That was cool when he responded to her. Always a class act!

The Memorial is not known for a"great" venue, it has everything to do with location, location, location!.....if it was an acoustic set for the entire night, it is a whole different revue.....the next time Joe and crue come through Sacratomato and it's at "3 Stages in Folsom" then book it for a couple of nights, they really hit that one venue out of the park!......it pleases me to hear that the legendary "JDawg" was there to represent, and JB sending out the love was just as cool too.....

Sactown Shreddy.....late

18 (edited by ohiodawg13 2015-05-09 23:16:52)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Jdawg!! This is the only time I get to review the reviewers.  Why didn't I see you? You guys are family to me...  Next time say hi for old times sake.. Like in Chico.. 

Joe B

Got yer text msg, ME SHY??? Fo Sho next time. Wasn't Chico, it was Oroville!

Wish I Was 38!!!!

'Ol J Dawg

P.S. As Carmine my brotha' from another Mother would say, "MUCH LOVE!!!" Yer so damn lucky to spend that much time with that DUDE! Just to celebrate your Bday a touch mo' I'm listening to my favorite JB licks on The Good Luck You're Havin'........Smokin' Joe. Ain't no question, there ain't no doubt!

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint