Re: My Next Concert (s)

Kenny Wayne Shepherd / Ben Poole tonight in Aberdeen.

1,478 (edited by airportdon 2015-04-15 07:17:23)

PAT MARTINO.........JAZZ GREAT.....TONIGHT

UPDATE: WOW THE FINGERS WERE FLYING LAST NIGHT...VERY IMPRESSIVE

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Thursday 23 April Dudley Taft at De Heilige Cornelius Roermond, Friday 24 april Virgil And The Accelerators at The Spirit Of 66 Verviers and Monday 27 April Virgil And The Accelerators at De Heilige Cornelius Roermond.

Blackberry Smoke this Saturday, 4/25 at HOB.   Haven't seen them before, should be awesome.  Cheap tickets, too.

Von Hertzen Brothers, this Friday at the Rescue Rooms in Nottingham

Not for a while, but still deserves a shout:-

The Mentulls @ Cluny2, Newcastle - May 9th.  (Newcastle debut...... don't wear 'Boro shirts lads...)

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

JEFF BECK  (WITH TYLER BRYANT OPENING) THIS SUNDAY 4-26................................:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

NickSlikk2112 wrote:

I'd love to see a brief gig review - we are also going to see then when they come to London. My better half knows each band member personally.

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

1,485 (edited by Massa the Blues 2015-04-22 14:15:03)

Joe - tonight - Milwaukee, WI

FLOOR CENTER, ROW A, SEATS 1 & 2!!!

WOO HOO!!!

I know it's Other Artists, but I couldn't help myself...

"Oh baby, since you're gone, I got a massa the blues!"

Brack wrote:
NickSlikk2112 wrote:

I'd love to see a brief gig review - we are also going to see then when they come to London. My better half knows each band member personally.

We went to see VHB last night @ The Dome, Tufnell Park, North London - Mikko and the boys were in good form.
Just waiting for Mikko to post me the setlist - hopefully sometime soon.

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Pop icon Madonna on her " Rebel Heart Tour":
Sunday, Nov, 29 at the SAP Arena in Mannheim/ Germany.

Brack wrote:
Brack wrote:
NickSlikk2112 wrote:

We went to see VHB last night @ The Dome, Tufnell Park, North London - Mikko and the boys were in good form.
Just waiting for Mikko to post me the setlist - hopefully sometime soon.

Really enjoyed it, but the set was too short, due to two supports and a 10pm curfew.
Miffed not to get Freedom Fighter, but all their songs are worthy enough to me. Can't understand why they're not as big as the likes of Muse...

A friend turned me onto Hozier about a year ago. He really hadn't had the hit. The song I originally heard was To Be Alone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcDxk9CSTo8 The Irish Blues thing got my interest. He was a South by Southwest in Austin and playing a few dates nothing closer to me than Dallas at a little theater. 200 seats on a weekday. I passed. So all the hype begins and the TV appearances and tomorrow he will be 100 miles up the Pike in T town where I first saw Joe at the Brady which Joe plays regularly now. Going with some friends to see if it is all hype or the dudes for real. His album is a bit somber for me but maybe live is the way to enjoy it. If it is a snooze it will give me good reason to head home early since it is a school night.

I just watched his Coachella performance the other day...not bad

jim m wrote:

A friend turned me onto Hozier about a year ago. He really hadn't had the hit. The song I originally heard was To Be Alone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcDxk9CSTo8 The Irish Blues thing got my interest. He was a South by Southwest in Austin and playing a few dates nothing closer to me than Dallas at a little theater. 200 seats on a weekday. I passed. So all the hype begins and the TV appearances and tomorrow he will be 100 miles up the Pike in T town where I first saw Joe at the Brady which Joe plays regularly now. Going with some friends to see if it is all hype or the dudes for real. His album is a bit somber for me but maybe live is the way to enjoy it. If it is a snooze it will give me good reason to head home early since it is a school night.

Murfdog

This evening Virgil And The accelerators at Den Heilige Cornelius at Roermond and Friday 1 may Gov't Muke at Het Depot at Leuven.

murfdog wrote:

I just watched his Coachella performance the other day...not bad

jim m wrote:

Correction. It was Austin City Limits Festival he played last year. He played a Skip James song Illinois Blues which was a highlight. His acoustic playing is his strong suit. He definitely isn't all hype. Although the show was very ethereal it had some moments of intense sonic impact. The crowd was 20 something with 30 somethings well represented all getting exposed whether they knew it or not to the blues. Good to see that good music done well is still popular. No guitar solos or for that matter any solos with the rhythm section comprised of a bass, drums and cello. two lead instruments guitar and keys and about 7 backing vocals. $32.50 ticket worth seeing if in your town but may be too mellow for many. Not something you put in the CD player and drive to. Just an interesting take on the blues with an Irish folk music twist.

Unless Jim M suprises me with something good between now and June,  my next concert is Tedechi Trucks Band at the Zoo Amp in OKC in June.

Blues Pills / RavenEye in Glasgow on Tuesday