Re: Street Team Stories: How has Joe's Music Affected You?

rubyjt wrote:

Well, I'm a real virgin; I haven't seen him live and I"ve only been a fan for a few months but I have to say Joe has reawakened my love for music as well as other things.

I suffer with depression and have a lot of medical issues.....there were financial problems etc..long story.

I lost my love for books, music and the like during a bad episode earlier this year and one night Palladia was showing one of his concerts. I really perked up when I heard/saw him play.

Memories flooded back of my adolescent years when I would traipse down to Greenwich village to see my idols.....Muddy Waters, Paul Butterfield.

Joe's music makes me feel alive and even grateful for the respite it has brought me.

And things like this.....

Wow Rick your post summed up how Joe as infected us all with his music and some of us have been fortunate to get to know Joe a little better and understand that he is a kind loving soul and the real deal. A truely wonderful person.

really make me tear up as corny as that sounds. I've heard so many stories and seen videos of how he treats his fans, just talking to people in general and it truly warms my heart. He does sound like a lovely person.

I"m so glad to be here and I can't wait to finally see him in person and who knows.....maybe even a handshake or a hug???

Joe is the real deal that is a unbelievable guitarist but I first hand can tell you he is the nicest person you will ever meet. Let's say you go to a meet and greet you meet Joe then the lights go down and he walks out you will find yourself saying after the show "is that the same guy I met two hours ago". Here is the deal when you meet Joe and talk to him he is down to earth very easy to talk too and makes you feel very at ease. Then he hits the stage and he blows you away with his ability on the guitar. It is like Clark Kent turning into Superman, both great people but different. Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Here's one that came in on my daily feed. Nice review as well. http://spiritcreekfarm.blogspot.com/201 … ansas.html
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

39 (edited by rubyjt 2014-04-14 07:38:59)

Thanks Ron......so nice to hear for a change. I work at an ad agency and we've heard some strange stories about celebrities; it's so refreshing to hear about  someone who's the real deal

Nice review too. Love the fancy suit and the funky sneakers!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach

Ode to Joe                                       6 march /2015

Hail Joe.
My burning question is
“How in Gods name did I arrive at age 77 and never hear the name JB. I’m an ageing blues singer also initial JB. I’ve played the Vienna acoustic concert about sixty times since I first heard it a month ago and the London Tour de Force and what an apt name for such a tour. It stuns my ageing senses and gives me so much joy because it reaches my soul. Its astonishing. its wonderful,
There are a few, very rare individuals whose creative actions go beyond definition Beyond our ability to measure or judge.
I need to go into third person here otherwise it sounds a bit too gushing.
Joe Bonamassa is, I believe, an utterly unique being who risked everything for his belief and eventually exploded into the realm of  what I would call.
  “The creative divinity of the blues”
and the perfect melding of the group driven and  inspired by his singular talent and humility. Every performance is a “one off “because he lives in the moment he is playing so its always original. 
He imbues his music so thoroughly with himself that it become perfect fusion, utterly transcending the norm.
If we the listener are very fortunate, we are drawn into this astonishing energy.
  It goes way outside the boundaries of critique
What I truly love is hearing so much spontaneous genuine applause because it means so many others are connected directly to the experience of feeling as well as hearing your music
How can one critique a musician who inhabits the stage with his entire being to such a degree that he transcends the norm and becomes the music and or the song and like a super powerful magnet ,draws us into this beautiful synergy. Surrounded by a band whose musical coherence springs directly from Joe’s unique genius and lack of negative ego,allowing them total integrity towards each other.

I was so impressed concerning  your words  about relearning rhythm guitar in order to allow the individual soloist complete freedom to perform. I have never ever seen a band with such a lack of ego where the leader has integrated and inspired his band just as they inspire him.
  There are other inspirational figures like you but so very very rare, such beings, phantasmagorical creatures who dwell in halls of  solitary singularity, Reflect on Al Pacino the actor
“Figure out how to get out of our own way, our own sick ego” says Pacino and he is of course right.
He dwells within  his roles with such a totality that he becomes that being.
The astonishing courage of Beethoven, finishing his symphonies by listening to his compositions through his feet.
Perhaps its like a completely rare and exotic foreign language with one creative genius in the arts showing up every twenty years or so who speaks and understands this singular and passionate tongue.
A writer, an actor, a painter, a musician
who create such a rich and singular reality.
  They enter their creative space and expand it to subsume the audience and inhabit us with their passion and that’s most assuredly what you’ve done Joe.
Michael Angelo said
“We need to free ourselves from ourselves in order to give pleasure to others.”
I believe we are our own biggest obstacles to free will and freedom of being, always assuming we live in a relatively free society.
Yet the one constant is the willingness to put oneself at risk because again I repeat if you can’t get outside yourself you can never truly get inside to know the true you. can’t embrace genuine phenomena. if you can’t take a risk you cant experience the depths of life,
When we open ourselves to the vagaries of the universe in all its majesty. richness, ecstasy, joy, misery, corruptions and agony we become alive to its rewards and can trust the process of being  and embrace the moment like a Rabelaisian Kazantzakis creation of Zorba.
“Its there for all of us but you need an open Heart and a fearless embrace of whatever comes to meet you.”
Needless to say Joe this is precisely what you’ve done and what a wonderful miracle that I did find you and your music and I can listen and feel the connection to my senses. Thank you for your courageous journey Joe and for standing firm with your honesty and genius.
May you continue to delight our souls and celebrate our spirits for many years to come. Bravo !!!
I was a blues rock singer back in the late fifties. Based in Paris and recording for Columbia
(see Les Travellers)and we had the distinct pleasure of headlining and I cannot tell a lie,(shared with Connie Francis) at The Olympia so a splendid bonus to have trod the same boards as you.
I play your music every single day and each time it’s a unique experience and I thank you for the joy it inspires. also reminds me of my brother Les who played lead for Lonny Donnegan in UK .in sixties. He had the same intuitive style you had.
Again I thank you for your gift.
Salutations
Jonathan bennetts

Ps. just discovered you are playing Victoria in May 2015 so if I can get my ageing bones over to Vancouver from Victoria  you will most assuredly hear my plaudits.

beaudazzler wrote:

Hail Joe.
My burning question is
“How in Gods name did I arrive at age 77 and never hear the name JB. I’m an ageing blues singer also initial JB. I’ve played the Vienna acoustic concert about sixty times since I first heard it a month ago and the London Tour de Force and what an apt name for such a tour. It stuns my ageing senses and gives me so much joy because it reaches my soul. Its astonishing. its wonderful,
There are a few, very rare individuals whose creative actions go beyond definition Beyond our ability to measure or judge.
Joe Bonamassa is, I believe, an utterly unique being who risked everything for his belief and eventually exploded into the realm of  what I would call.
and the perfect melding of the group driven and  inspired by his singular talent and humility. Every performance is a “one off “because he lives in the moment he is playing so its always original. 
He imbues his music so thoroughly with himself that it become perfect fusion, utterly transcending the norm.
If we the listener are very fortunate, we are drawn into this astonishing energy.
What I truly love is hearing so much spontaneous genuine applause because it means so many others are connected directly to the experience of feeling as well as hearing your music
How can one critique a musician who inhabits the stage with his entire being to such a degree that he transcends the norm and becomes the music and or the song and like a super powerful magnet ,draws us into this beautiful synergy. Surrounded by a band whose musical coherence springs directly from Joe’s unique genius and lack of negative ego,allowing them total integrity towards each other.

I was so impressed concerning  your words  about relearning rhythm guitar in order to allow the individual soloist complete freedom to perform. I have never ever seen a band with such a lack of ego where the leader has integrated and inspired his band just as they inspire him.
  There are other inspirational figures like you but so very very rare, such beings, phantasmagorical creatures who dwell in halls of  solitary singularity, Reflect on Al Pacino the actor
“Figure out how to get out of our own way, our own sick ego” says Pacino and he is of course right.
The astonishing courage of Beethoven, finishing his symphonies by listening to his compositions through his feet.
Perhaps its like a completely rare and exotic foreign language with one creative genius in the arts showing up every twenty years or so who speaks and understands this singular and passionate tongue.
  They enter their creative space and expand it to subsume the audience and inhabit us with their passion and that’s most assuredly what you’ve done Joe.
Michael Angelo said
I believe we are our own biggest obstacles to free will and freedom of being, always assuming we live in a relatively free society.
Yet the one constant is the willingness to put oneself at risk because again I repeat if you can’t get outside yourself you can never truly get inside to know the true you. can’t embrace genuine phenomena. if you can’t take a risk you cant experience the depths of life,
When we open ourselves to the vagaries of the universe in all its majesty. richness, ecstasy, joy, misery, corruptions and agony we become alive to its rewards and can trust the process of being  and embrace the moment like a Rabelaisian Kazantzakis creation of Zorba.
“Its there for all of us but you need an open Heart and a fearless embrace of whatever comes to meet you.”
Needless to say Joe this is precisely what you’ve done and what a wonderful miracle that I did find you and your music and I can listen and feel the connection to my senses. Thank you for your courageous journey Joe and for standing firm with your honesty and genius.
May you continue to delight our souls and celebrate our spirits for many years to come. Bravo !!!
I was a blues rock singer back in the late fifties. Based in Paris and recording for Columbia
(see Les Travellers)and we had the distinct pleasure of headlining and I cannot tell a lie,(shared with Connie Francis) at The Olympia so a splendid bonus to have trod the same boards as you.
I play your music every single day and each time it’s a unique experience and I thank you for the joy it inspires. also reminds me of my brother Les who played lead for Lonny Donnegan in UK .in sixties. He had the same intuitive style you had.
Salutations
Jonathan bennetts

Ps. just discovered you are playing Victoria in May 2015 so if I can get my ageing bones over to Vancouver from Victoria  you will most assuredly hear my plaudits.

Oh the "Power of Joe"  Welcome to the Forum.  I have been absent from it for some time, but you will find the most amazing & wonderful people here.  Joe's music powered by a great heart, shows in the Fans too.  Lucky you to be the age (77) that is also the year Joe was born (1977)  A lot of people have actually found Joe's music to have a Healing quality.  I am one of them.  One good thing about finding Joe later in life and in his career, is that you can immerse yourself in the earlier music.
Enjoy the Journey!

Double Luck to you!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

What an amazing review Jonathon. Welcome to the forum. Such an eloquent capture of the essence of Joe, I've felt that but lacked the words. You arrived late to the party but have made up for it in spades. May you get to that gig and revel in the experience of live JoeB and his band.
Rick

Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Must be the best introduction ever. Welcome. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

beaudazzler wrote:

Hail Joe.
My burning question is

Michael Angelo said
Salutations
Jonathan bennetts

Just now reading this, what a lovely way to put it.  Many of us have tried to describe what happens when we hear Joe and I think you have nailed it.    Welcome and glad to meet a fellow Bonamaniac

45 (edited by mikimikiveliki 2015-04-12 17:31:22)

I am so inspired by reading all these posts that, well, I think I need to add my story.

A few years ago, I was running (I am an avid runner) listening to the radio on my old Blackberry. The guy on the radio mentioned Joe Bonamassa and his show that evening and I said: Joe, who? Another wannabe, singing whatever music?
I heard the announcements a several times before Joe's music finally started.
This was unbelievable. What a music!!!
I played occasionally guitar since the age of about eight. Kinda, a few weeks of trying, then months or years of not touching the instrument so most of my life (late 50's) I did not played.
I've always head excellent ears, less perfect fingers and very bad motivation. Since I've heard Joe, I started practicing at least three or four times a week. And these are probably the most exciting moments in my everyday life. I destress, I compose, I register my music and really enjoy it.
I always liked well defined tone e.g. David Gilmour, Eric Clapton, and Joe is in the same club. I don't have the rig like him, I don't have the fingers like him, I even don't try to play like him. But I listen his music almost every day at work and it makes me more efficient and certainly happier. Blues, in its essence, is a sad music. Joe's blues is moving, motivating.
I watched him live for the first time this past Friday and I quit the venue excited because what I've heard was perfection, at least as I imagine it. Although there were no many Joe's original songs, mostly covers, his playing was clean and soulful. Joe, you changed my life for better. I'll never play guitar outside of my bedroom, but Joe made a better guitarist of me. Something I wanted to be, but never really tried.

mikimikiveliki wrote:

I am so inspired by reading all these posts that, well, I think I need to add my story.

A few years ago, I was running (I am an avid runner) listening to the radio on my old Blackberry. The guy on the radio mentioned Joe Bonamassa and his show that evening and I said: Joe, who? Another wannabe, singing whatever music?
I heard the announcements a several times before Joe's music finally started.
This was unbelievable. What a music!!!
I played occasionally guitar since the age of about eight. Kinda, a few weeks of trying, then months or years of not touching the instrument so most of my life (late 50's) I did not played.
I've always head excellent ears, less perfect fingers and very bad motivation. Since I've heard Joe, I started practicing at least three or four times a week. And these are probably the most exciting moments in my everyday life. I destress, I compose, I register my music and really enjoy it.
I always liked well defined tone e.g. David Gilmour, Eric Clapton, and Joe is in the same club. I don't have the rig like him, I don't have the fingers like him, I even don't try to play like him. But I listen his music almost every day at work and it makes me more efficient and certainly happier. Blues, in its essence, is a sad music. Joe's blues is moving, motivating.
I watched him live for the first time this past Friday and I quit the venue excited because what I've heard was perfection, at least as I imagine it. Although there were no many Joe's original songs, mostly covers, his playing was clean and soulful. Joe, you changed my life for better. I'll never play guitar outside of my bedroom, but Joe made a better guitarist of me. Something I wanted to be, but never really tried.

Well said. You get it too.

I will never forget the first time I saw Joe. This was probably around 7 years ago.I had missed him earlier that year at the blues festival and I had been watching some rather impressive videos on JBTV and I told my buddy we needed to see this guy before he left the northwest. We arrived at the venue fairly early and we were shocked to see about a dozen people in front of us...hmmmm...We thought we were diehards...Anyway, the first question from these people was...Have you seen Joe?...and then that look...that look that those have seen him give to those who haven't....A look I didn't understand at the time, but now understand all too well...That knowing look like you are about to be let in on a big secret, but one they can't wait to see unfold in front of your eyes. I remember looking across the audience during a few of his blinding solos and everyone just still, with mouths wide open...Funny, I was doing the same thing. At the end, during"Asking around for You" I felt an incredible high, but also sad that this performance was ending....I have promoted every tour since, met Joe a few times, and can think of no other artist in the industry that I want to give more back to. His work ethic, his great laid back attitude, and his ultimate professionalisim, inspired me beyond words. Thanks to Joe, Roy and all the fans on this forum, that make being part of this J&R adventure so fun and satisfying !!

Murfdog