Topic: The Pickup Radio

I wonder if Joe will do another episode of Pickup Radio? The last episode was Blues In Unusual Places. I hope we get more because I really enjoy listening to him on it.

Re: The Pickup Radio

wow, not many new posts on the forum this week.. wonder if the regular posters are sick

Hey BluesD.. I asked back a few weeks ago.
https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=27722

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Fantastic news!

Jane H. wrote:

hey the Pick Up Radio show facebook page posted this yesterday
"Joe and Matt are heading back into the studio to record brand new Pickup Radio episodes! They want to know what you, the fans, want to hear from the Pick Up? What subjects should these two dive into? Tell us below!!!"
https://www.facebook.com/thepickupradio … 63/?type=1
If anyone who does not use facebook would like me to post their suggestion there, please let me know, I would be happy to do so.

Great news!  If someone could assist me here...(I don't do the Facebook thing)...I'd like to hear a show about guitarists who are type cast as a certain genre, but who are skilled in other types of music, or have come from other roots.  For example, and I've used this before, Zakk Wylde and his heavy metal-biker bad-ass thing.  However, have you ever heard him play classical or bluesy southern rock?  I think that would be an interesting topic.  A second one would be best value/basic guitars/rigs.  Maybe have them highlight players who chose very basic guitars/rigs and made their own sound.  I know Joe is into that now more than previous years.  I think it would be neat to spotlight the players who have always taken the simple/inexpensive road with their equipment.

"You can't put a price on cool."

Jane H. wrote:

you got it Jelly Roll, I copied your suggestions and pasted them there on the facebook thread.
looks like there are about 80 comments so far , hope that keeps them busy for a while smile

Thanks much!

New episode is up!

Show 66 Is on the web

http://thepickupradio.com/only-the-good-die-young/

---------------

Its not yet on I-Tunes ,  but really, that's not surprising .............. I really don't understand why people fawn all over anything Apple does .............

Man, I love The Pickup.  I'm not sure how they'd pull this one off, but I would love to see/hear Joe show how you can still rip on an inexpensive guitar if it is setup properly.  When I say inexpensive, I'm talking about a Squire, and older Kramer, Charvel, or even a Peavey.  I'm thinking the $250-$500 range, tops.  I guess I would equate this to Rory McIlroy picking up a K-Mart branded garage sale golf club and ripping a 300 yard drive with it.

for those that have been waiting and waiting and waiting for Joe - Matt to do more Pickup Radio spots.

Well the wait is still there.. nothing new.

but if you like the Pickup Radio style show... Check out Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap radio show.
http://www.cbc.ca/vinyltap/episodes/

there are shows going back as far as 2011

---------------

Is there any way to download all of the previous shows?  I went to the website and had no difficulty listening to them but hitting the download button is very much a hit and miss.  After spending around 45 minutes attempting to download podcasts I only managed to get three of them to download to my computer.  Is there a different site which is a little more reliable when attempting to get these shows onto my computer?

It's great news hearing that Joe will be doing new shows.  I don't have much of a preference on specific topics.  Joe's knowledge is so extent that any topic they choose will be informative and fun to listen to while driving down the road.

"There's not much left for me to tell, I just got back up each time I fell"

JHLesPaul59 wrote:

Is there any way to download all of the previous shows?  I went to the website and had no difficulty listening to them but hitting the download button is very much a hit and miss.  After spending around 45 minutes attempting to download podcasts I only managed to get three of them to download to my computer.  Is there a different site which is a little more reliable when attempting to get these shows onto my computer?

It's great news hearing that Joe will be doing new shows.  I don't have much of a preference on specific topics.  Joe's knowledge is so extent that any topic they choose will be informative and fun to listen to while driving down the road.

I tried to get them all by the same method and had some issues as well so...

If you use iTunes, you can simply subscribe to his podcast and get all the episodes that way. Worked much easier for me.

Jim

Support Joe - buy stuff: http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1501

The only thing needed for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

JHLesPaul59 wrote:

It's great news hearing that Joe will be doing new shows.

I never said Joe was scheduled to do any more shows,
I did say check out Randy Bachmann vinyl tap series.

But back to Pickup Radio.

The early shows didn't have a good download button, 
You should be able to hit the download button on shows from 10-67. But the first few shows are harder to get

---------------