1 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-02-19 16:41:56)

Topic: Joe's '54 Strat - "his first vintage purchase" in '88 being auctioned.

(Note: ... guitar no longer owned by Joe ... wanted to squeeze this fact into the Thread title.)

I did see this listed on GBase a few weeks ago ... then it popped up on ebay recently ... all tied in to the Heritage Auction House auction for Feb 28th.

Interesting description/ backstory ...

Heritage Auctions:
http://entertainment.ha.com/itm/musical … 31-85044.s

ebay link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Bonamassas- … 3f475576c5

(Forget that Holy Grail auction today!! ...  smile )

(Off topic PS:  can only imagine the stories developing right now out on that ship ... can't wait for the posts to start flooding in!)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Re: Joe's '54 Strat - "his first vintage purchase" in '88 being auctioned.

Is there a reason Eric Johnson wasn't called to just buy it?
He's usually on the shortlist of people to call when a 50's strat pops up.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

Is there a reason Eric Johnson wasn't called to just buy it?
He's usually on the shortlist of people to call when a 50's strat pops up.

Probably because he only plays his signature guitars into a roland blues cube nowadays big_smile

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

Such a good guitar Joe doesn't want it back

Yes I'm kidding.

Les Paul Geek, nut, obsessed etc. etc.

Very cool...thx for the link

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

6 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-02-24 19:10:54)

airportdon wrote:

Very cool...thx for the link

Thank you sir!  All's quiet on the bidding as of late Tuesday ... guessing that is to be expected ... with the actual live auction happening Saturday.

Snowy White's '57 Goldtop Standard is part of this auction as well (parting with it after 45 years)  Was gonna say ... "if that top could talk!" ... but... "it does!" ... wow ... has to be a tough decision to part with it!)  ($75K opening bid).
http://youtu.be/PvPusN51obg

Here are all the guitars / amps going up:
http://entertainment.ha.com/c/search-re … hView=list

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

I'd love a '54 strat.  That's probably my personal holy grail.

I am sure Joe has eyeballed some of these for possible addition to his herd

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

9 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-02-28 18:25:36)

Tried to see the Auction results so far (6:15 EST) ... Heritage requires a "quick and easy" Join to follow / see the results ... didn't really feel like getting on another email list ... but after a few moments of staring at the page ... and noticing the little Printable Results link ... I think the final hammers on:

Joe's old '54 Strat was $25,000

Snowy White's '57 Goldtop was $93,750

.... (plus premiums)