Topic: Does Mr Bonamassa play Athens to Athens live in an alternate tuning?

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has transcribed Athens to Athens? I just started working on transposing it last night and in referencing video's and mucking with it to the best of my abilities, it seems like Mr. Bonamassa might be playing this in and open D tuning but i'm not sure. To be honest, even though I've worked out the notes for the most part, in the videos I've seen i'm having a hell of a time sorting out what the heck is going on... how he's playing it

...been looking around on-line quite a bit, in the tab books Joe has available and so on. Oddly i can find nothing beyond a chord chart and lyrics... not a YouTube breakdown or even bad Tab.

Any insight into how to approach the song would be greatly appreciated. My hope is to come up with an arrangement that i can do ala just me and a guitar, but i want to do the song right, to the best of my abilities anyway.

Thanks
Rich

Re: Does Mr Bonamassa play Athens to Athens live in an alternate tuning?

Open D ... Just like open E only down a full step. That will get you sorted.

Joe B

It's pretty amazing that these days you can ask a question like that and get a direct answer straight from the source!

Well i'm flabbergasted that you responded Joe... i can't thank you enough or convey how amazing that is, gonna have to step up my game and do you justice sir. Thanks so much!

Rich