Re: 2024 Major League Baseball season

xland wrote:

VERY sad news with the passing of "Mr. Cub", Ernie Banks.  A legend on and off the field.  He was a great ambassador for the game and was as down to earth and humble as anyone that I have ever met.  We lost a great baseball player today, but the bigger loss was losing a great man, a great person today.

I can still remember watching him hit his 500th home run. He was one of a kind.
Let's play two today in his honor!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I updated this to 2015.....my prediction.....

Chicago Cubs vs Chicago Whitesox......the winner of the 2015 World Series is ???.....

Bill S.......can you pontificate please

Shredit wrote:

Chicago Cubs vs Chicago Whitesox......the winner of the 2015 World Series is ???.....

Very bold Shreddy, but you know what they say, "Shite happens!" You gonna throw any money down on this in Nevada? If it happened it'd be a nice payday! Odd numbered year so that means that Giants have no chance, LOL! I'm puttin' all my energy into the Indians this season.

Go Tribe!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Shredit wrote:

Apparently the odds makers are on your side Shred. Cubs are currently at 10 to 1 and the Chisox are at 18 to 1. Nationals are favored to win it all.

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Shredit wrote:

Shred your still around sometimes ?
Your prediction would be unbelievable  of it were to happen.Too bad there are enough idiot fans who take the rivalry to physical extremes.
I like the Sox's move off season.
The Cubs are still a bit of a mystery as to how well the youngsters are at this point.I like the prediction for 2016 better.I think the two teams are getting closer to competing but not this year.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Our Padres have been spending some $$$ smile. We'll see.....
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Yoan Moncada.....30 MILLION!!!.....I know I can hit .220 with 9 homers and 50 rbi, PLEASE sign me to a contract, Sincerely Serious Shreddy

1,286 (edited by ohiodawg13 2015-02-23 16:40:57)

Shredit wrote:

Yoan Moncada.....30 MILLION!!!.....I know I can hit .220 with 9 homers and 50 rbi, PLEASE sign me to a contract, Sincerely Serious Shreddy

They might as well call Boston Los Calcetines Rojo! I think Big Poppy is luring them in.

Viva Gigantes y Indians!!!

El Perro Jota

ohiodawg13 wrote:
Shredit wrote:

They might as well call Boston Los Calcetines Rojo! I think Big Poppy is luring them in.

El Perro Jota

No doubt my Dawgy friend.....Francona is my favorite manager in the "show", so I'll pull for your Indians, beside the town is really cool wink

Shredit wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:
Shredit wrote:

El Perro Jota

No doubt my Dawgy friend.....Francona is my favorite manager in the "show", so I'll pull for your Indians, beside the town is really cool wink

Yup, pull for the Indians!  Remember what I contend Chief Wazoo's outline resembles? Cleveland cool?!  The bird not the word may have actually have been created there...how cool is that!?! lol

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

ohiodawg13 wrote:
Shredit wrote:

Apparently the odds makers are on your side Shred. Cubs are currently at 10 to 1 and the Chisox are at 18 to 1. Nationals are favored to win it all.

Shred,

Both teams got a lot better in the off season. The Cubs young crew has another year of seasoning under their belts. Both team's pitching improved by leaps and bounds.
That said, odds are odds and are usually made to attract bettors.
Although I think the Cubs will be competitive, just making the playoffs would be considered major for them this season. I agree that the following years they will make some noise.

As far as the Sox go, lots can happen, but with their pitching staff, I EXPECT them to make the playoffs.

Hi Bill smile ....I still cant believe the White Sox won it all just a few years back.....the cubbies have such great fans, that they really need to win one soon......a close friend who recently passed was in a home for alzheimers, and never enjoyed the Giants first one in 2010, then they win 2 more, I cried like a young child, he told me years ago that the Giants HAVE to win a World Series before he died.....to all the fans out there they can relate, I hope you get the thrill of a World Series parade at least once

Shredit wrote:

Hi Bill smile ....I still cant believe the White Sox won it all just a few years back.....the cubbies have such great fans, that they really need to win one soon......a close friend who recently passed was in a home for alzheimers, and never enjoyed the Giants first one in 2010, then they win 2 more, I cried like a young child, he told me years ago that the Giants HAVE to win a World Series before he died.....to all the fans out there they can relate, I hope you get the thrill of a World Series parade at least once

As much as I love the Giants and the 3 rings there is still a void in my heart that only an Indians World Series can fill. A part of my gut has been tied in a knot since coming so close in '97. I like their chances this season and after watching the Giants win last year as a wild card it's obvious nobody knows for sure who's gonna win it all.

Go Tribe!!!!

J Dawg

SO many teams doing spring training near me.  Who should I scout? hmm

Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

1,293 (edited by RickB 2015-02-26 15:39:27)

A glimmer of hope here in San Diego. Ownership has put their money down on building a competitive franchise at the highest level. They realize the only way San Diegans will come to the park is if the team is winning. They signed some proven bats and arms in the off season. Let's Play Ball! smile
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Rocket wrote:

Rocket

Who's training in Dunedin these day?

Shredit wrote:

Shreddy! Hope all is well, my friend. I agree everyone should be able to see their favorite team win it all.
After a significant title drought (in any sport), I was able to see the Bears win a Super Bowl in 1986, at the ripe old age of 29. It was the first championship I could enjoy (the Hawks won the Stanley Cup in 1961...I was 4).
Since the I've been able to witness it with every major Chicago team, except you know who.
6 Bulls titles, 2 Blackhawk Cups, a White Sox WS...I do believe the world may stop spinning if the Cubs ever win out. It would be the celebrations to end all celebrations!!

ohiodawg13 wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Rocket

Who's training in Dunedin these day?

Toronto Blue Jays

Philadelphia Phillies in Clearwater

Rocket