Topic: Just discovering Joe

I dont really post on too many forums but just had too after discovering Joes music recently.I couldnt really find any threads to jump into with this so forgive me if I've got this in the  wrong place.Ive listened to all sorts of music all my life,played guitar,keyboards and listen to lots of well respected musicians bands,etc but NEVER have I heard anything like India/Mountain Time from the Albert Hall album.I think it's the most perfect song/piece of music I've ever heard.It has everything one could possibly want in a song.I can't quite believe I'm saying this,but the feeling I get when I listen to this is really quite something!.The solo in Dust Bowl Live has also completely blown me away,and I just can't get enough of Joes music.Curious to know how these songs are viewed in the JB catalogue?  Are they considered classics? And also,are these feelings normal,or do I need help??? Thanks

Re: Just discovering Joe

Ronin, Mountain Time and Dust Bowl are certainly favorites of many Bonaholics, me included. My favorites from RAH are Stop, So Many Roads, Happier Times and Asking Around for You. The feelings you describe are not only normal, but somewhat common. I have the RAH DVD, and I've watched it, start to finish, at least ten times and I've always got a few JB CD's in my car. Joe has performed twice in my home town since I discovered him, and I was at both shows. I was lucky enough to get to meet Joe a few months ago, and I can tell you this, he's as gracious a person as you could ever hope to meet. So, do you need help? Yes, the answer is more Joe! The Tour de Force DVD set is fantastic.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Welcome!  Yes those feelings are normal here but that doesn't preclude us from needing help. smile

Hi Ronin.Thanks for making your post here.
I do think those are exceptional songs.For me I go way back to the So It's  Like That cd known here as SILT.Pain and Sorrow did the same thing and it just kept on going.
Visit the thread  You know when your a Joe addict when...and you will realize you aren't losing your mind.
Hope you continue to post

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

You've been well and truly bitten. Those songs are classics and goosebumps are included. Still a thrill to me after all these years. You have a huge treat coming when you first see him play live, which is worth the cost involved no matter what it may be. It's a lot better! As an experienced musician you'll appreciate what that is.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Thanks guys,yeah I'd really love to see him live,and he's in the UK this year so a quick trip across would be tempting.I just found out he played here back in 09 I think and possibly before,and what do you know, I actually played one of the venues (in a band,not as a solo) artist!) myself about 20yrs ago,so that's my JB claim to fame!

I booked my ticket for Hammersmith today to see him in march

Cool.Are tickets still available? If you don't mind me asking,are they crazy prices? Thanks

9 (edited by David.247 2015-01-28 18:49:55)

Ronin wrote:

Cool.Are tickets still available? If you don't mind me asking,are they crazy prices? Thanks

yes but Saturday sold out and there's none in the stalls for the Friday I paid £117 for mine but its in quite a good spot

but there are cheaper seats

You have a very exciting adventure waiting for you.  Discovering Joe live and then his catalog of material, CD's, DVD's.  It's a fun trip, jump on and hang on.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

I've just ordered my first CD, Ballad of John Henry, as he played a lot from it at RAH although i've saved his albums in spotify it's nice to be able to listen in the car

Ronin wrote:

I just can't get enough of Joes music .. are these feelings normal, or do I need help??

Yep .. u need help Ronin .. lol

U can relax now .. u arrived just in time .. ur in good company here wink

Welcome to the family!

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

I remember I bought Blues Deluxe first because I had been in a big Jeff Beck phase and a buddy of mine suggested I try out JoeB. Listened and liked it alot, but the real head turner for me was when he released Dust Bowl - Slow Train is not only one of my favorite JB tunes, but one of my favorite songs all together.

Good album to check out too, I think it has alot of memorable songs on it and kind of covers a vast range of his various musical phases (or out of phases - ZING!).

Wait till you discover The Pickup Radio Show..

here's the link to all the past 1-56 shows..
enjoy

http://thepickupradio.com/p/past-shows.php

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Wow...every days a school day.Thanks for that link,that's pretty incredible

+1 great stuff there DougH will definitely enjoy listening to that