1 (edited by airportdon 2015-01-27 13:21:28)

Topic: Jimmy Page # 1 signed #7/25

Wow........signed & played by Jimmy for sale at 100 K
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products … 10&n=0

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Re: Jimmy Page # 1 signed #7/25

Six figures for basically, a new guitar. I'm a big fan of Page, but his signature doesn't bring the value up that high, in my opinion. It does look great, no doubt about that.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

That is.............lot of money for Jimmy Page model

But look the top of this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ … ric-guitar

Women, whiskey and miles of travelin' is all I understand

airportdon wrote:

Wow........signed & played by Jimmy for sale at 100 K
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products … 10&n=0

Wow $100,000 for #1, I wonder how much Skinner #1 will go for in 20 yrs? I truly believe Joes impact on music at some point will surpass all of the Hero's of my youth

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Absolutely horrendous price, shameless capitalism and considering Gibson periodically tweek the builds to be closer to actual 59's  a 2004 won't be as close as a 2014 skinnerburst or a cc#

6 (edited by cindyron 2015-01-27 15:36:16)

David.247 wrote:

Absolutely horrendous price, shameless capitalism and considering Gibson periodically tweek the builds to be closer to actual 59's  a 2004 won't be as close as a 2014 skinnerburst or a cc#

Yeah well at the end if the day you would be surprised what people are willing to pay. To a big Jimmy Page fan or a high end touring guitar player or a baby boomer with extra $$ it could go for that or more. I bet it will sell

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
David.247 wrote:

Yeah well at the end if the day you would be surprised what people are willing to pay. To a big Jimmy Page fan or a high end touring guitar player or a baby boomer with extra $$ it could go for that or more. I bet it will sell

I have a Gilmour Relic Strat. I will never buy another 'signature' guitar unless i like the guitar itself not just for who's it's copied from. Ideally I'd like to get a Skinnerburst not because It's a bonamassa copy but because I genuinely like the guitar. I like Jimmy Page also but wouldn't pay that for a copy of his guitar, maybe if it was actual guitar, but yeah your right somebody will pay for it

How many Skinners could you get for that amount?

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

He'd have to come to my house and play a concert for that price. smile  And leave the guitar, of course.

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

jddarden wrote:

He'd have to come to my house and play a concert for that price. smile  And leave the guitar, of course.

lol good one

cindyron wrote:
David.247 wrote:

This Aged/Signed Page model actually started it all in terms of Gibson's artist collectable guitars....
I can remember when they first came out someone sold one like 75-80K....The Page Les Pauls sold out very fast indeed. 
Led Zeppelin still has a huge following....I think it will sell as well...maybe for even more money

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

scorpion-70 wrote:

That is.............lot of money for Jimmy Page model

But look the top of this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ … ric-guitar

If I weren't puckering up to crap a big tax check, I'd be jumping on this - great reproduction! smile

Kevin

I've just bought it *in my mind*

DaveWammbarro wrote:

Good to have you back. I hope you rested well?

cindyron wrote:
DaveWammbarro wrote:

Haha...well...I forgot how bad TGP was!

16 (edited by cindyron 2015-01-29 13:44:28)

DaveWammbarro wrote:
cindyron wrote:
DaveWammbarro wrote:

Haha...well...I forgot how bad TGP was!

Lol sorry I could not resist. Really good to hear from you
Cheers Ron