Topic: New JB signature guitars on the way?

Hello there

Just a quick question about JB signature guitars, and I hope you can forgive me for my lack of JB insider guitar nerd knowledge if these questions have already been asked (or are irrelevant)... I'm new here, sorry...

Anyway: Are there any new signature guitars on the way from Joe and Gibson/Epiphone? The ”affordable” guitars sold out very quickly (Epi LP Pelham Blue and Goldtop as well as also the Gibson LP Studio and ES 335 – at least they appear to be sold out here in Germany).
Of course they are all limited editions and I perfectly understand that a JB signature guitar should not just be a standard product you can buy anytime at the local grocery store... But for us new fans (who are not wealthy collectors) it's hard to find a relatively affordable JB signature guitar in the shops. Simply buying a guitar as a product is not the problem, but feeling special about it sometimes is.

It's does not necessarily has to be a Les Paul... JB did a review of a Gibson Midtown Custom a year ago on Youtube, and I'm very interested in hearing what you guys think of that particullar guitar... For a home guitarist like me (and maybe for others too) playing blues, rock, indie and slowly moving towards jazz the Midtown Custom could be an option without blowing up the family budget.
However, there are probably a lot of different factors concerning the production and management process/business in producing a signature model that I'm unaware about but judging solely by the popularity of the previous signature models I don't see why a reasonably priced JB signature model should fail the market.
Nevertheless, I'm aware of the discussion there have been about Joe ”selling out” with too much signature gear. I don't agree (as long as focus is being kept: I don't expect to see JB signature shampoo, JB signature frypans or JB signature hubcaps etc. in the near future...). Showbiz is a business, and as long as JB keeps doing a good job, why not? If you think it's too much, don't buy.... In contrast, I don't understand why some JB "fans" who get to meet Joe are making him sign almost everything and then put it on ebay apparently just to make a profit.
Any opinions about that?
Cheers,
:-jesper

Re: New JB signature guitars on the way?

Considering the Blue les paul just came out recently, I doubt we will get another one soon, atleast not that I've heard. I see the chances of getting another epiphone signature to be pretty good. I know slash has several epiphone signatures over the years.

I don't know what stores you have access to, but Guitar center still has them on their website for $699 US.

I pay no mind to the selling out crowd. It's such a stupid vain fueled argument.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

JEC wrote:

... JB signature frypans...
Any opinions about that?
Cheers,

You just know they'd be the absolute best frypan you could possibly want though!!

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

4 (edited by ruger9 2015-01-17 09:09:38)

Epi Pelham Blue hasn't sold out....   

In stock & ready to ship

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ … 3736456387

I'd buy one myself, if I didn't just pay $415 for a Gurus Echosex2 !!!

Hi there
The Epi Pelham has appearently not sold out yet (I'll have to visit my local music store and complain why they said they could not get me one...). Still, they are quite hard to find in the shops, and as with any instrument I don't like buying without trying it first. But I've only managed to find one in Denmark and one here elsewhere in Germany for sale - quite a long way away from Berlin anyway. On thomann.de they should be on sale from 16.2.15... So they say, let's see... The Gibsons however seem  to be gone for good.
Don't get me wrong on this, but when you really want a Bonamassa signature guitar, I would go for a Gibson... I'm of course very well aware of the fact that neither the Epi nor the Gibson would make my playing any better, but it just feels more right with a Gibson... (A Zakk Wylde Epi would be ok for me, but Bonamassa deserves a Gibson... Can't explain...).
Do any of you guys know whether JB's management are selling guitars at the shows? Don't know why, but I would probably more likely go for one at the actual show rather than ordering one from some dubious unknown internet shop...
Best regards,

Well I was going to post this in the gibson thread but it was locked I believe. This was directed toward Joe.

I just want to say thanks for allowing many guitarist to get their hands on signature models. I love it when players allow their fans to feel a little closer to the people they appreciate. Hope we can see many more in the future including a Epiphone replica '59 model in the future. When I think 59's, I think Joe Bonamassa and the Joe Perry/Slash story and I would love to have an affordable signature model from epiphone.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

7 (edited by Adrian J 2015-01-27 03:36:32)

misthunter210 wrote:

Well I was going to post this in the gibson thread but it was locked I believe. This was directed toward Joe.

I just want to say thanks for allowing many guitarist to get their hands on signature models. I love it when players allow their fans to feel a little closer to the people they appreciate. Hope we can see many more in the future including a Epiphone replica '59 model in the future. When I think 59's, I think Joe Bonamassa and the Joe Perry/Slash story and I would love to have an affordable signature model from epiphone.

I have said this before and I'll say it again. I think there would be real demand for a Gibson LP Traditional JB model. Maybe in the same finish as the Skinnerburst (but obviously VOS rather than relic'd) and with the JB neck shape...(and a proper nut!!).

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here,but it's kind of on the same topic.Am I right in saying there are 3 LP Goldtop JB signature guitars? Ie: an epiphone,a studio and a standard,or are there more than that? (I'm talking about gold ones only) thanks

There are two runs of the Gibson JBLP Standard Goldtop. I believe I got one of the last of the second run. The way to tell the difference is BONAMASSA in block letters on the truss rod cover of original run, and his signature on the second.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

10 (edited by jddarden 2015-01-29 01:00:37)

Yes, the first run of goldtops were Custom Shop models and it was limited to 300, with burst bucker 2/3 pickups. The later standard models have the Seymour Duncan JB signature model pickups. There were 400 of these sold. They also included all of his CDs (14 at the time) a pair of Tag Hauer sunglasses like he wears and a signed pick guard.  I've seen several of these come up for sale used, but they don't usually include the extras. So, technically there were 4 different gold top signature guitars sold.

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

Thank you JD,that clears it up.Thats a nice signature you have there! Do they play/sound hugely different in a home playing scenario?