Topic: Radio City Music Hall

So two nights of Joe at the famous rcmh and it did not disappoint . the acoustic sets where great and real tight . playing for a year and a half together you can really tell everyone was right on point . going to miss those guys . as for the electric sets what can you say Joe on electric guitar at rcmh  need I say more (it was stellar) . Joes moms bday last night she came out on stage for a big happy bday I'm sure mom and dad are very proud of there son . I do have to say this from seeing Joe back with bloodline and then in all the little sh*t hole bars to seeing him at rcmh was very exciting for me being that new York is my home town and I saw a lot of great bands at that theater and now Joe is one of them which was a thrill. I'm so happy that people here in the states are finally catching on to Joes music maybe the radio might start playing his music (I wouldn't  hold my breath on that lol) . so all in all it was a killer two nights in NYC recordings came out great which is always a bonus . Joe you have one more place left and that's  the big theater Madison square garden and if things keep up your not to far away from playing there .just make sure when u do play there you get me in to record the show lol. thanks again to Joe all the crew members sound guys and all involved for being a bunch of cool people and very friendly to the fans . see you at the next show .

Re: Radio City Music Hall

Great to hear from you Joe! I asked the Cornblatts if they saw you the first night because I couldn't imagine Joe playing this venue without your presence. Joe sure has come a long way!

Yes…..a great show but please no Madison Square Garden.  Everyone I saw there didn't thrill me as a smaller theater did.  The sound doesn't make it…too many distortions.  RCMH was as big as he could get…..maybe Carnegie Hall. 

joebeacon wrote:

So two nights of Joe at the famous rcmh and it did not disappoint . the acoustic sets where great and real tight . playing for a year and a half together you can really tell everyone was right on point . going to miss those guys . as for the electric sets what can you say Joe on electric guitar at rcmh  need I say more (it was stellar) . Joes moms bday last night she came out on stage for a big happy bday I'm sure mom and dad are very proud of there son . I do have to say this from seeing Joe back with bloodline and then in all the little sh*t hole bars to seeing him at rcmh was very exciting for me being that new York is my home town and I saw a lot of great bands at that theater and now Joe is one of them which was a thrill. I'm so happy that people here in the states are finally catching on to Joes music maybe the radio might start playing his music (I wouldn't  hold my breath on that lol) . so all in all it was a killer two nights in NYC recordings came out great which is always a bonus . Joe you have one more place left and that's  the big theater Madison square garden and if things keep up your not to far away from playing there .just make sure when u do play there you get me in to record the show lol. thanks again to Joe all the crew members sound guys and all involved for being a bunch of cool people and very friendly to the fans . see you at the next show .

Seize the moments!

Heidi Ho wrote:

Yes…..a great show but please no Madison Square Garden.  Everyone I saw there didn't thrill me as a smaller theater did.  The sound doesn't make it…too many distortions.  RCMH was as big as he could get…..maybe Carnegie Hall. 

joebeacon wrote:

Yeah Carnigie hall I bet money it is on Joes radar

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
Heidi Ho wrote:

joebeacon wrote:

Yeah Carnigie hall I bet money it is on Joes radar

That's a solid bet. I remember something in an interview.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

I am in total agreement with you, save for one thing....no, no, no to radio playing Joe....if he does not have radio listeners as fans now, then "fuggedaboutit",...Joe does not need radio...he is a phenomenon in his own right, without any help from radio!!!!...my thanks and congrats to Joe, as I, too, have watched him "grow"....he is a fantastic, stupendous, charismatic, (handsome!) guitarist and singer.  I just love Joe Bonamassa!....lmw from Shickshinny, PA.

joebeacon wrote:

Heidi Ho wrote:

joebeacon wrote:

it's always great to see a band you love in a small setting but as a growing musician I'm sure Joe is striving to play bigger and bigger places. you must realize as much as Joe loves to play the blues it is also a business and Joe and Roy have done a great job marketing Joe's brand of music . The bigger the place the more money you make . if Joe just settles for 6,000 seat theaters things will become stagnant and when that happens things just go down hill from there so for me I would love to see Joe at the garden and pushing for bigger venues . I have been seeing Joe for so long its like watching a friend ,family member becoming successful and you want the best for them and for them to push to become bigger and better .   I have seen so many great shows in the garden and the sound isn't that bad . a good sound guy can make it sound great in there .

8 (edited by Rocket 2015-01-28 19:12:26)

joebeacon wrote:
Heidi Ho wrote:

joebeacon wrote:

it's always great to see a band you love in a small setting but as a growing musician I'm sure Joe is striving to play bigger and bigger places. you must realize as much as Joe loves to play the blues it is also a business and Joe and Roy have done a great job marketing Joe's brand of music . The bigger the place the more money you make . if Joe just settles for 6,000 seat theaters things will become stagnant and when that happens things just go down hill from there so for me I would love to see Joe at the garden and pushing for bigger venues . I have been seeing Joe for so long its like watching a friend ,family member becoming successful and you want the best for them and for them to push to become bigger and better .   I have seen so many great shows in the garden and the sound isn't that bad . a good sound guy can make it sound great in there .

Hi joebeacon!  I agree with mo$t of what you say.  It is such a great joy for me to have watched Joe Bonamassa progress over the last 14 years.  I can truly say that I do not "exactly" idolize Joe, but my admiration and pleasurable observations "along for the ride" certainly, and absolutely, have been without, and continue to know, no bounds.  However, Joe has repeatedly stated his main objective is to rule the mid-level theater venues.  Until he or Roy outright state otherwise, I would guess that bookings could be geared to multiple nights in some cities over a grander scaled tour.  And then occasionally make a Grand Scale Special Performance somewhere, not unlike Madison Square Garden or, well, more at the Royal Albert Hall.  It's all about the anticipation, and moreover,  the "popularity."  So I do part ways with the opinion of no Joe on American radio, as that undoubtedly would increase his popularity and presence tremendously.  It may indeed be a lost, improbable, or nearly impossible hope, but I feel, with faith, it certainly would.  He has the talent, the enduring and durable musical repertoire, and ever increasing influence.  I PERSONALLY, would like to see a paradigm shift away from lame **** playlists and would love to see and hear K(cr)eepin' The Blues Survive into adult kids' of all ages craniums worldwide.

Looking forward to hearing your recordings, Joe (and Joe!).

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”