1 (edited by Green Howards 2015-01-17 07:25:27)

Topic: Hello from County Durham, England

I just like to introduce myself I'm Keith. I live near a small village called Lanchester in County Durham. I'm a ex soldier. I was injured in Afganistan which ended my military career. I took up playing the guitar nearly 2 years ago as a way to pass the time. It's something I've wanted to do for years but never got round too. Which is such a shame as I have a father that's been playing for 53yrs.

I've just recently acquired a Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Pelham Blue which I've added a set of his signature pickups too #1713. And a full wiring harness including Cts tvt pots, PIO caps, switchcraft switch and jack and vintage style braided wire. Wired 50s style. Sounds amazing.

I stumbled on Joe's music by chance flicking through the tv channels he was on sky arts. Never heard of him before I thought I'd listen to a few songs and see what I thought. I was too put it mildly absolutely amazed 2hrs flew by. It was the live at the Albert Hall concert. Been a fan since hence the signature guitar

Re: Hello from County Durham, England

Hi and welcome to a great forum. I'm sure you will fit in well. Join in when you feel like it whether music or gear. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome to the forum, Keith!!  I have found that it's never to late to learn guitar and jump on the ever so growing Joe train!!  This is a great place with great people, jump in and enjoy!!!

A hearty welcome to you, Green!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Welcome Keith, when I saw the Green Howards name the other day I wondered if you'd be a fellow northerner...
Plenty of info on here, ranging from JB's music to his gear. They're a knowledgeable and friendly bunch on here and Joe gets involved too...
Enjoy.

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

Welcome Keith. The Albert Hall show got me hooked as well. Glad the hear that you're enjoying your JB Guitar!

Enjoy the topics and great people, and even though I'm in the states, and you're across the pond so to speak, I'd like to thank you for your service.

Cheers,

Rusty

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

7 (edited by Green Howards 2015-01-18 17:43:45)

Yes mate I'm a fellow northerner. I spent 10yrs with the Green Howards. Amazing bunch of lad, teesside's local bunch of nutters.
Thanks for the warm welcome one and all

The Green Howards as based in Richmond, Yorkshire I assume? Lovely town. Welcome.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

9 (edited by RickB 2015-01-18 18:40:20)

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the love of Joe's music. A salute from a fellow former serviceman from the other side of the pond.
Post often and join the fun. Props to taking up the guitar now .
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

10 (edited by Green Howards 2015-01-18 18:43:45)

Ian916 wrote:

The Green Howards as based in Richmond, Yorkshire I assume? Lovely town. Welcome.

The regimental museum is in Richmond in the town centre . The regiment recruits from Teesside and North Yorkshire. Regiment was raised in 1688 at Dunster Castle, Somerset. Never amalgamated till 2006 Their now the 2nd Yorkshire Regiment

RickB wrote:

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the love of Joe's music. A salute from a fellow former serviceman from the other side of the pond.
Post often and join the fun. Props to taking up the guitar now .
Rick

and a salute too you sir. Thanks for the warm welcome

Hi, Green!  RAH I : Come - hear- see, result: virus called Bonamassified...
Welcome to our fan community!

Hello and Welcome

Saw Joe play the Epiphone  Pelham Blue at Ryman Auditoriums in Nashville last Spring. Great guitar and love the color.

Welcome to the forum Keith!

Lots of great folks around here .. lots of wonderful JB history within these forum walls to be enjoyed for those of us late to the show.

On my arrival to this place, I literally spent weeks goin thru RCB's awesome JB history pages.

Enjoy the topics! .. and thank u for ur service wink

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Hi welcome to the forum enjoy the topic here

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Welcome to the forum Keith!!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Welcome Keith! RAH is what got me hooked to him as well...happy to have you here! smile

Green Howards wrote:

I just like to introduce myself I'm Keith. I live near a small village called Lanchester in County Durham. I'm a ex soldier. I was injured in Afganistan which ended my military career. I took up playing the guitar nearly 2 years ago as a way to pass the time. It's something I've wanted to do for years but never got round too. Which is such a shame as I have a father that's been playing for 53yrs.

I've just recently acquired a Epiphone Joe Bonamassa Pelham Blue which I've added a set of his signature pickups too #1713. And a full wiring harness including Cts tvt pots, PIO caps, switchcraft switch and jack and vintage style braided wire. Wired 50s style. Sounds amazing.

I stumbled on Joe's music by chance flicking through the tv channels he was on sky arts. Never heard of him before I thought I'd listen to a few songs and see what I thought. I was too put it mildly absolutely amazed 2hrs flew by. It was the live at the Albert Hall concert. Been a fan since hence the signature guitar

Hello neighbour;
Well, comparatively speaking. I'm also from County Durham; formerly Wolsingham and currently Shildon.
Welcome to the forum family and maybe we'll meet up at a local gig (not necessarily one of Joe's, but who knows) if we haven't already rubbed shoulders.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...