1 (edited by vortex1 2011-04-23 22:32:03)

Topic: Joe playing with the Screamin Cheetah Wheelies

Joe was a guest with this group at a show in New York on September 8, 2001. The links below are to You Tube videos of
the 2 songs they played. Thanks to Jane for letting me use this material from her collection to make these videos for us to share.

Killing Floor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bomaGmvY4M

Done Somebody Wrong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0brqSyBn60A

Roy

Re: Joe playing with the Screamin Cheetah Wheelies

Thanks Vortex1......awesome stuff!!!!  thanks to Jane for letting you get that up on youtube as well!!!!!!!

I remember it like it was yesterday... I took the train up from Washington DC ( home at the time)  to do that for Mike and the gang.. We all came up together at the same time in the early 90's... Bloodline , Cry of Love , Screaming Cheetah Wheelies ( who in 1993 blew us off the stage at a club called the Sting.) and Brother Cane.  I spent two days in NYC writing with folks and took the train back with my 62 Es-335 in tow.  I remember getting home late.. on the night of the 10th My girlfriend rang the house around 8:30 am  the next morning from her work and said put the TV on something horrible has happened.  Just then the phone went dead and I heard the F-17s flight over the National Cathedral ( which was right next to the apartment..)  I ran down Embassy row toward Dupont Circle to get my girlfriend and saw para military and black suburbans everywhere with men with AR-17's pointed at anybody who looked at them.  It all seemed surreal..  But that was what it was like  on Sept 11, 2001 in Washington DC .  I look at that video and remember New York City especially downtown where the Wetlands was before it was changed forever..  Great video and great memories of a world that used to be somewhat easier to understand.. 10 years ago.. How time flies and how times change..
Joe Bonamassa

Thanks for sharing that, both Vortex and Joe.

BIG LOVE to Jane (The Living Joe Encyclopedia) for getting to Roy (The "V") to share with us all and as always Joe you tell such great stories.  I do hope you have a journal or something that you have been documenting your life's travels....of course with that "steeltrap" memory of yours you probably can recall everything.....waiting patiently for the Joe autobiography part 1....you've been at this so long you could write many...and then it could be a made for TV Joe series.......yeah,yeah, I know I'm getting carried away now   lol    Hippity hoppity........   wink

pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  Of course Joe, you would have to star in your own movie, because there wouldn't be anyone else who could do you, like you would do you......starting to sound like that old

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iā€™m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant"         lol

P.S. P.S.  Maybe I should consider decaf today  lol     lol     lol     lol     lol     lol

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Chilling story Joe about 911 I guess that day will always be etched in our memory

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Jane H. wrote:

was just thinking about this
btt

Thanks for bumping this back up at this time Jane.  Appreciate the vids as well as Joe's comments about 9-11.

Sandy

I know a place ....

yeah i too watched it on the 8th, now have the dvd of this show, those are 2 rockin tunes on at full blast and i love the vocalist too,
Thanks for the bump

............... Michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

9 (edited by BadKitty 2014-12-20 22:25:16)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I remember it like it was yesterday... I took the train up from Washington DC ( home at the time)  to do that for Mike and the gang.. We all came up together at the same time in the early 90's... Bloodline , Cry of Love , Screaming Cheetah Wheelies ( who in 1993 blew us off the stage at a club called the Sting.) and Brother Cane.  I spent two days in NYC writing with folks and took the train back with my 62 Es-335 in tow.  I remember getting home late.. on the night of the 10th My girlfriend rang the house around 8:30 am  the next morning from her work and said put the TV on something horrible has happened.  Just then the phone went dead and I heard the F-17s flight over the National Cathedral ( which was right next to the apartment..)  I ran down Embassy row toward Dupont Circle to get my girlfriend and saw para military and black suburbans everywhere with men with AR-17's pointed at anybody who looked at them.  It all seemed surreal..  But that was what it was like  on Sept 11, 2001 in Washington DC .  I look at that video and remember New York City especially downtown where the Wetlands was before it was changed forever..  Great video and great memories of a world that used to be somewhat easier to understand.. 10 years ago.. How time flies and how times change..
Joe Bonamassa

Joe,

I just saw you today in the video with the Screamin Cheetah Wheelies and noted the 9.8.2001 date and posted on FB today that you were in NYC 3 days prior to 9/11.  I had not seen your post here from 2011 and was just given the link today by Liz Horseman.  Thanks for sharing your experience here for everyone to see.  I'm sure that the word surreal didn't really adequately describe what you guys experienced!

Three years later after your 2011 comment above, the world is even more f'd up and has not changed for the better...well, except for your music that you share with all of us and for that we thank you.

Bad Kitty

"Joe Rocks!" -- You can quote us on that!
Lil' Eddie and The Baaaaad Kitty
WhoodooVoodooLounge 
JBLP #26 (aged)  cool

( who in 1993 blew us off the stage at a club called the Sting)

I was there at that show.

A great time and I love the Wheelies.  Great band.  Never got the recognition they should have.

Can understand why they split.  Playing on the road so much and never getting up the ladder can get any artist down.

Thank goodness Joe persevered and never took no for an answer.

Awesome to bump up old posts with video links I can't believe I've never come across before.  This was really interesting.  Thanks!