Topic: DSL 100 vs Jubilee Copy

Hey guys Im fairly new to the forum but have a pretty interesting question. Recently my amp pooped which means I need a new one. Due to my age, I don't have the cash to buy an original Jubilee 100 watter, so My choices are a Ceriatone Jubilee copy or a Jcm 2000 with a tube screamer. Ive heard Joe say that a DSL and a Ts-808 can come pretty close to the Jubilee but for around the same price I can get a Hand wired Ceriatone 2555. So guys what do I do?

Re: DSL 100 vs Jubilee Copy

Some people on the forum really like the Ceriatone. Plus I like the idea of them.

I've played the DSL 100 and it has clean for days. I don't think you can lose.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Thats really interesting! I love ceriatone myself, great amps for the cash so Ill look into their Jubilee a little more

I just sold a Ceriatone 2555 Clone, sounded OK, but not like my real Jube. The DSL 100 is not a bad amp, but the JCM 2000 DSL on the green channel came pretty dang close to JCM 800 tones to me. I would buy a JCM 2000 before the ceriatone. ACtually the JCM is cheaper too.

I have the Ceriatone 2555 as well. Nice amp but not a Marshall that's for sure. Maybe I just had it setup wrong but it never did it for me.

never used a ceriatone, but a DSL with a TS-808 is pure JB tone

7 (edited by cindyron 2014-12-19 20:59:15)

Django2013 wrote:

Find a good Jubilee retube and bias you will not be sorry. I have some fairly well priced.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
Django2013 wrote:

Find a good Jubilee retube and bias you will not be sorry. I have some fairly well priced.
Cheers Ron

The OP Said they don't have the cash for a real Jubilee, which is why he/she wanted opinions on whether to get a DSL and a tube screamer, or a Ceriatone 2555 Clone.

I still say the DSL and a TS808, if you watch the 2013 rig rundown, that was the basis of the 2013 rig, most of the plexis out front were for show or backup

Django2013 wrote:
cindyron wrote:
Django2013 wrote:

Cheers Ron

The OP Said they don't have the cash for a real Jubilee, which is why he/she wanted opinions on whether to get a DSL and a tube screamer, or a Ceriatone 2555 Clone.

I still say the DSL and a TS808, if you watch the 2013 rig rundown, that was the basis of the 2013 rig, most of the plexis out front were for show or backup

I bet one could find a Jub for less then $2k

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

10 (edited by Django2013 2014-12-20 20:24:31)

that would probably take quite some searching, i normally see jubilees for $2500+ vs. $900 (max for a dsl) + $179.99 for a Ts808, even an Egnater Tweaker 40 with a TS808 would do the trick

Hey Guys love the debate. Now that it's been a week or so I've come back to see what's been said. I found what Ron said was pretty interesting. I've never seen a repairable jub go for real cheap, because it has a lot of collector value. That been the dream if you could find one though! Now back to the DSL though, seeing that most of everbody said the DSL was the way to go, I see that that'll the most fit route for my budget. I always wondered of the plexis in joes rig a few years ago. During that period, his sound wasn't very plexi-ish so I assume he was using the DSL behind the moniters. Anywho thanks for the help guys.... Cheers Dylan - Blueskid

He was using 1 50 watt small box plexi from the 70's, i think circa 1972 to run two cabs, ( either the inside two or the outside 2) and then a dsl was behind the rig running the other two cabs. my guess is that it didnt sound very plexi-ish because joe isnt a very high gain player, so im sure he didnt crank them all the way for that classic plexi sound, and paired with the clean dsl, and a tube screamer, it had the clean and clear low gain sound, which i love.

watch the rig rundown from 2013 and it explains everything,

also watch some of the videos from the 2013 tour, the rig sounds amazing.

Over the past couple of years I have found several Jubilees for $1200 to $1600. Once I received them I brought them to my friend Alan of Carol Ann amps to retube and bias and they are killer. So if you really want a Jubilee look look and keep looking you can find one. Either way happy amp shopping
Cheers Ron