Topic: Springfield

Joe B's buses are here!!!  any chance show date is changed as whether forecast for Wednesday night is pretty bad.

Re: Springfield

https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=27424

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

My feeling is it won't get postponed.  I called Symphony Hall and they won't postpone unless there is a State of Emergency.  It is up to the artist to make the call.  I will call again tomorrow but it will probably go on.  My thoughts are that many will not make it and Joe will be playing to a half full house.  That will be a shame.  We are traveling to get to the show and will do our best to make it there.  Hopefully the weather won't be as horrible as predicted.

Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground
Mother Earth will swallow you
Lay your body down
from CSN

4 (edited by sally12333 2014-11-25 13:14:32)

If the day after wasn't Thanksgiving, he might have considered moving it to next day (isn't that what happened last year in Tahoe?), but since that's a holiday and then since he has to dive right in to Baltimore and DC, doubtful he would be able to reschedule.

As bluecelt suggested, the weather often isn't as bad as the forecasters predict.  I may be an idiot to say this out loud but honestly sometimes I think they purposely overblow it just to keep the viewers glued to their TVs.   tongue

Wishing everyone safe travels.  Even Joe isn't worth risking life and limb.  Or is he??

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:

If the day after wasn't Thanksgiving, he might have considered moving it to next day (isn't that what happened last year in Tahoe?), but since that's a holiday and then since he has to dive right in to Baltimore and DC, doubtful he would be able to reschedule.

As bluecelt suggested, the weather often isn't as bad as the forecasters predict.  I may be an idiot to say this out loud but honestly sometimes I think they purposely overblow it just to keep the viewers glued to their TVs.   tongue

Wishing everyone safe travels.  Even Joe isn't worth risking life and limb.  Or is he??

I agree more times then not they need to make news

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Just watched the local evening news, they are still predicting 3" to 6" for the Springfield area, with it all coming to an end around 8 to 9 PM.

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

I am more worried about the traffic between Worcester and Sturbridge.  Always a major cluster the day before Thanksgiving anyways.  I have to get to work whatever the weather so driving in snow doesn't bother me - it's the other goofballs.

Yes, Sally, he is worth it.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

8 (edited by cindyron 2014-11-25 19:10:54)

I think I will drive down tonight

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

3" to 6" isn't a big deal, though holiday traffic won't make it fast.

Morning weather forecast is still saying 3" to 6", so it doesn't seem as bad as they were saying a few days ago.

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP