Topic: Jubilee Advice Needed

Hello all. First off, I'm new to the forum and I came here because there doesn't seem to be a lot of information regarding my issue on the internet so I thought I'd try my luck here.  I know that everyone who has heard of JB has at least some experience with the jubilee amps and I think you all would be the most knowledgeable.
I currently have 4 jubilees amps; a 1987 (pre-3000) 2550, a 1988 2555, and two 1987 2554 combos (one pre-3000, one post 3100).
Here's my question.  The lead channel indicator light on three of the amps turns off when the lead channel is engaged (the knob is pulled out).   Is this normal?  I mean, the channel does switch to lead mode on on amps but the manual says the the red indicator light goes red when the lead channel is engaged.
Is this normal?  does it matter?
What am I missing?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Jubilee Advice Needed

I dont have any experience with jubilees but it just sounds like the indicator light went out

Django2013 wrote:

I dont have any experience with jubilees but it just sounds like the indicator light went out

It's not that the light went out. It just that the red light is supposed to turn on when the lead channel is engaged (knob is pulled out) but actually, it turns on when the clean channel is engaged.  All this is occurring without a footswitch plugged in....

I would take it to a good tech.

I checked mine again, it does the same thing, mine took a dump on me, so off to shop, hope its not the tranny.

hi all, on all of my jubilees the red light is on when the push pull channel pot is pushed in, this gives a distorted lead tone.. pulled out is clean with the led off.... hope this helps