Topic: New 2013 JB Gibson LP Standard Ltd.

Hello from a new member,

I have the chance to purchase a new 2012 #60 or 2013 #311 Gibson Standard JB. They are both new in the box.

Both these guitars are from the one store in Tokyo, where i live.

I have a question regarding price. Both are going for 224,000 Yen (about $2000 US). Does this sound like a good deal?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: New 2013 JB Gibson LP Standard Ltd.

I can tell you that I paid more for my JB LP Std Goldtop. I would check it out very carefully to be sure it is a real Gibson LP, there a lots of fakes out there and it wouldn't take much effort to change a few little things like knobs, truss cover etc. to make a fake look like a real JB LP. If it all checks out, I'd grab it!

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How Iā€™d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Re: New 2013 JB Gibson LP Standard Ltd.

Rusty wrote:

I can tell you that I paid more for my JB LP Std Goldtop. I would check it out very carefully to be sure it is a real Gibson LP, there a lots of fakes out there and it wouldn't take much effort to change a few little things like knobs, truss cover etc. to make a fake look like a real JB LP. If it all checks out, I'd grab it!

They are deffinately real. I have already checked out the numbers. They are at Ishibashi Music, Japans biggest Gibson dealer. Comes with all the case candy, including signed pickguard, sun glasses and CD's.

Thanks.