Re: What song are you listening to right now?

A Stolen Kiss - Robert Plant (exquisite song from new album)

Squat That Rabbit - Greg Coulson

The old Taj Mahal number, just can't stop this ricocheting round the inside of my head. Damn it's good stuff.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Pearl Jam - "Alive" in the Brendan O'Brian redux version.

annaforjoe wrote:

JB: "Chains & Things" epic and uberawesome version from Tour De Force  at Shepherd's Bush Empire. Wished to hear that from the setlist Springtour 2015 with those horns.

It's also on my wish list for the Spring set!

"Twice removed from yesterday".......Robin Trower Live 1974

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Just watched a concert of theirs on Youtube "Live at Pinkpop" in 1992! I would love to see Eddie Vedder live, his voice is just killer.

Jimi75 wrote:

edragoo wrote:

Just watched a concert of theirs on Youtube "Live at Pinkpop" in 1992! I would love to see Eddie Vedder live, his voice is just killer.

Jimi75 wrote:

Incredibly at Pinkpop in 1992 Eddie managed not to get kill in the jump from the TV tower. Pearl Jam have changed a lot in this 20+ years, but they are still my favorite band. Mike McCready is one of the most underrated guitarists of all times, and Vedder... well his voice is really incredible.

I've watched them 3 times here in Italy, unfortunately i still haven't seen Eddie on his solo tour, but from DVDs and youtube i have seen some amazing performances.

You absolutely have to see Pearl Jam live. It's pure energy, adrenalin, and something you will never forget. They LOVE Italy, so every time they come here you can feel the magic in the air, you can feel how they love to play for their fans and for themselves.

And as i see you are from Illinois, Eddie is a super Chicago Cubs fan! ...he actually believes that sooner or later they will win the World Series! (crazy?!?!) smile

Fender John Mayer, Clapton CS, Ash Tele Am. Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul std. 2005, Es-335 Bonamassa (JB328), Warren Haynes; PRS Tremonti 10 Top; Asher Ben Harper Sig. / Martin D41; Taylor 914CE; Takamine TNV460SC; Rockbridge SJ & 000-12/ Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature V3; Marshall TSL100; Fender Twin Reverb '65; Orange Tiny Terror, Blackstar Artisan 15 Combo.

Dave Matthews, Tim Reynolds & Warren Haynes - Cortez the Killer (Neil Young Cover), Gorge amphitheater 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OXcwwC0yLE

goosebumps!!!

Fender John Mayer, Clapton CS, Ash Tele Am. Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul std. 2005, Es-335 Bonamassa (JB328), Warren Haynes; PRS Tremonti 10 Top; Asher Ben Harper Sig. / Martin D41; Taylor 914CE; Takamine TNV460SC; Rockbridge SJ & 000-12/ Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature V3; Marshall TSL100; Fender Twin Reverb '65; Orange Tiny Terror, Blackstar Artisan 15 Combo.

Stefan76 wrote:
edragoo wrote:

Jimi75 wrote:

Incredibly at Pinkpop in 1992 Eddie managed not to get kill in the jump from the TV tower. Pearl Jam have changed a lot in this 20+ years, but they are still my favorite band. Mike McCready is one of the most underrated guitarists of all times, and Vedder... well his voice is really incredible.

I've watched them 3 times here in Italy, unfortunately i still haven't seen Eddie on his solo tour, but from DVDs and youtube i have seen some amazing performances.

You absolutely have to see Pearl Jam live. It's pure energy, adrenalin, and something you will never forget. They LOVE Italy, so every time they come here you can feel the magic in the air, you can feel how they love to play for their fans and for themselves.

And as i see you are from Illinois, Eddie is a super Chicago Cubs fan! ...he actually believes that sooner or later they will win the World Series! (crazy?!?!) smile

Amico mio, I would have loved to come to Trieste to see them. I have seen them in 1998 in the Key Arena in Seattle. Incredible! No words can describe the vibe. McCready is so Hendrix and SRV influenced, most people do not realize that, but for me it was clear from the first notes I have ever heard of them in the early 90's.

Hogsniper wrote:
ahsmith33 wrote:

Looked them up as well, very impressed with the couple tunes including Boo Hoo Hoo. Love her voice and she's hotter than Georgia asphalt in mid-July. thanks Jimi.

Jimi75 wrote:

No Sinner - "Love is a madness"

Liked it.  Bought it. Thanks.

Congrats - you are most welcome. The album runs 24/7 here in my car. Also my kids love the CD and think it has a kind of Amy Winehouse touch, but with a big portion of kick a** attitude :-)

I did see that in the beginning where he was jumping off some tower! They were all full of energy and at one point I remember watching Eddie throwing his mic stand! lol

After I watched their performance on Youtube I went to their website to see when they were playing the Chicago area and looks like they are sold out of the venue for next week. Didn't catch it soon enough! It's definitely on my bucket list to see them though!

It's most definitely crazy that he thinks the cubs will actually win a world series LOL One thing about Cubs fans is they are pretty die hard! tongue

Stefan76 wrote:
edragoo wrote:

Jimi75 wrote:

ahsmith33 wrote:

a blast from the past, I was 20 when they played London. Some different takes on a few songs and it all sounds very garagish, can I use that word? The sound is fairly decent, was surprised. They didn't play very many live dates back then, few and far between. RIP Jeff Porcaro, one of the best drummers ever, go look at his credits on Wiki if you have time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_B3nYrPyUY

The Dan are my favourite band and I love this show.  You're right about there UK dates - They went 20 years without playing here although I got to see them a couple of times in Birmingham.

Jeff played almost all of 'Katy Lied' and contributed the odd song to a couple of other albums as well.  Very accomplished player as was everybody who played with them.

I still get my fix with amazing UK tribute 'Nearly Dan'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmuAj3xC-hE

5,125 (edited by Stefan76 2014-10-17 15:50:46)

Ben Howard - I Forget Where We Were (single)

How i like this guy. There's some Sigur Ros in his sound, everytime i get lost in his songs!

Hope the new album will be amazing. For now the single is beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki5HBBEtfak

5,126 (edited by Kenny 2014-10-21 11:20:03)

Aberystwyth (live) - Philip Sayce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khkghSLo750&sns=em

Kenny wrote:

Aberystwyth (live) - Philip Sayce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khkghSLo750&sns=em

What a great song! And that guitar sound....well, I once knew a guy who also had a great sound with a Strat ;-) I think the B3 Hammond adds nicely to the line up.

Keaton Simons "Beautiful Pain"
http://youtu.be/lP0rB7KoA5M

The Who - Roadrunner & My Generation Blues...110% awesome, right here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmEj-aZwUAY

One Breath Away - Billy Idol (a return to form and some great guitar work from Steve Stevens on the new album)