Topic: Set List Question

I am going to be seeing Joe....Nov. 20th in Columbus, Ohio

Does anybody know what set list I can expect to hear Joe play.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

I am really getting excited about this.....I will also be seeing him Nov.22nd in Youngstown   smile

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

2 (edited by sally12333 2014-10-19 09:27:20)

Re: Set List Question

Hi Whirl, I'll be at both these shows as well, along with Sherry & Mike!  Hope we can meet up - - e-mail me?

As to the set list, you can never be sure, but my impression is it's pretty much what he was doing in the spring (saw him in Pgh in May)...acoustic + electric, and including at least 2 of his new "Different Shades" songs, that so far have been Oh Beautiful and Love Ain't a Love Song, and more lately I Gave Up Everything, too.  Maybe he'll throw in a few more of the new ones this fall! 

I think I read that this coming spring he'll change it all, maybe incorporating the horns!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Whirlwind, here is the set list from Antwerp,  not sure if it will be the same.  I hope he keeps is just like this one cause it would be perfect.    The acoustic version of Happier Times to me is the most haunting thing ever.

Seagull
Jelly Roll
Different Shades of Blue 
Black Lung Heartache   
Happier Times
Jockey Full of Bourbon
Dislocated Boy
Ball Peen Hammer
Athens to Athens

Dust Bowl
Oh Beautiful!   
Who's Been Talking
Blues Deluxe
I Gave Up Everything for You, 'Cept the Blues
Love Ain't a Love Song
Sloe Gin
The Ballad of John Henry

Django
Mountain Time

Fingers crossed he keeps Happier Times in the setlist, I have been dying to hear that song live!

wvgirlinky wrote:

Whirlwind, here is the set list from Antwerp,  not sure if it will be the same.  I hope he keeps is just like this one cause it would be perfect.    The acoustic version of Happier Times to me is the most haunting thing ever.

Seagull
Jelly Roll
Different Shades of Blue 
Black Lung Heartache   
Happier Times
Jockey Full of Bourbon
Dislocated Boy
Ball Peen Hammer
Athens to Athens

Dust Bowl
Oh Beautiful!   
Who's Been Talking
Blues Deluxe
Love Ain't a Love Song
Sloe Gin
The Ballad of John Henry

Django
Mountain Time

Thanks for this!

Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack

edragoo wrote:

Fingers crossed he keeps Happier Times in the setlist, I have been dying to hear that song live!

I too would love to hear this.....it is one of my favorite songs, for sure!

wvgirlinky wrote:

Seagull
Jelly Roll
Different Shades of Blue 
Black Lung Heartache   
Happier Times
Jockey Full of Bourbon
Dislocated Boy
Ball Peen Hammer
Athens to Athens

Dust Bowl
Oh Beautiful!   
Who's Been Talking
Blues Deluxe
Love Ain't a Love Song
Sloe Gin
The Ballad of John Henry

Django
Mountain Time

I gather you got this from www.setlist.fm?  I've been checking the site for updates and it does look like this may be more or less the setlist.  Well know for sure as the fall U. S. tour starts up.  I'm taking my sister to her first Joe show and she was happy to see Sloe Gin back and I'm happy to see songs from the new album.

newbonafan wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:

Seagull
Jelly Roll
Different Shades of Blue 
Black Lung Heartache   
Happier Times
Jockey Full of Bourbon
Dislocated Boy
Ball Peen Hammer
Athens to Athens

Dust Bowl
Oh Beautiful!   
Who's Been Talking
Blues Deluxe
Love Ain't a Love Song
Sloe Gin
The Ballad of John Henry

Django
Mountain Time

I gather you got this from www.setlist.fm?  I've been checking the site for updates and it does look like this may be more or less the setlist.  Well know for sure as the fall U. S. tour starts up.  I'm taking my sister to her first Joe show and she was happy to see Sloe Gin back and I'm happy to see songs from the new album.

I got this from the Antwerp review on this forum

wvgirlinky wrote:
newbonafan wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:

Seagull
Jelly Roll
Different Shades of Blue 
Black Lung Heartache   
Happier Times
Jockey Full of Bourbon
Dislocated Boy
Ball Peen Hammer
Athens to Athens

Dust Bowl
Oh Beautiful!   
Who's Been Talking
Blues Deluxe
Love Ain't a Love Song
Sloe Gin
The Ballad of John Henry

Django
Mountain Time

if you hadn't checked out setlist.fm you should. As soon as the US  fall dates start I am going to check back and see if it has changed.

Funny story. .we went to see Keith Urban for my wife's birthday and I had to use the restroom really bad but didn't want to miss my favorite song, called Stupid Boy, so I checked and it was up next. We waited until it was over and flew out of our seats and hurriedly flew out of our seats so we could get back only to be stopped by security at the portal, apparently Keith does three songs on a stage at the back of the amphitheater to the cheap seats and would be coming back down right by where we were standing. Well he finished up, gave his guitar to the tech, and began making his way back to the stage.  We could see him coming right for us and high fived us all as we snapped photos and generally were left stunned as he literally was RIGHT THERE! My wife touched his arm and all I heard on the way home was " I touched Keith Urban, he was ....so smooth!". I'd say she had a pretty good birthday, all because I had to go pee...

newbonafan wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:
newbonafan wrote:

if you hadn't checked out setlist.fm you should. As soon as the US  fall dates start I am going to check back and see if it has changed.

Funny story. .we went to see Keith Urban for my wife's birthday and I had to use the restroom really bad but didn't want to miss my favorite song, called Stupid Boy, so I checked and it was up next. We waited until it was over and flew out of our seats and hurriedly flew out of our seats so we could get back only to be stopped by security at the portal, apparently Keith does three songs on a stage at the back of the amphitheater to the cheap seats and would be coming back down right by where we were standing. Well he finished up, gave his guitar to the tech, and began making his way back to the stage.  We could see him coming right for us and high fived us all as we snapped photos and generally were left stunned as he literally was RIGHT THERE! My wife touched his arm and all I heard on the way home was " I touched Keith Urban, he was ....so smooth!". I'd say she had a pretty good birthday, all because I had to go pee...

Ha!Ha! Just saw this post.....had similar experience at Keith Urban show.  He disappeared right after what we thought was last encore and then all of a sudden he was standing right next to me, RIGHT THERE! playing the final encore and we were up in the 2nd tier of the arena, imagine the excitement that generated lol ....shook hands, multiple high fives, and your wife is right, "he was...so smooth!" and I'll add "so very handsome!"   Okay back to Joe...... wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

11 (edited by mutantofthemonster 2014-11-16 02:21:35)

Here's my wish/dream set-list for Radio City Music Hall

Joe Bonamassa
Radio City Music Hall
January 24, 2015

PROPOSED SETLIST:

Acoustic Set

Woke Up Dreaming
Seagull
Black Lung Heartache
Happier Times
Ball Peen Hammer

Electric Set

Oh Beautiful
Story of a Quarryman
Song of Yesterday (With Won't Get Fooled Again Coda please...)
Love Aint a Love Song(Please put back kick **** Guitar solo after Keyboard solo...)
Never Give All Your Heart
Double Trouble
Blues Deluxe
Django
Mountain Time(4 Piece only please... ditch the strings...Its better in this spot as a "Can't You See" type jam then as a "The Band" sound...imho...I understand why you added strings when its in the last spot on the setlist to do a kind of "Acoustic Set" Redux.)

First Encore

Sloe Gin
Young Man Blues

Second Encore

Different Shades of Blue ("Electric" Version please...doing a transition from the acoustic to electric on stage would be awesome!!)

Ballad of John Henry(want to go out into the cold January nights air still buzzing and vibing from a killer version of this song!!!)

Cant wait to see you at Radio City...Last show...Beacon Thtr. May 17, 2013 was freakin awesome man...My wife and I had a blast...

...still get chills from the "tension" in Sloe Gin....great vibe that night!!

Hope for lots of improv's, jams and mind(and note)bending solos at Radio City/2nd night!!!!

And hey if you can't fit this setlist at Radio City how about next time your at The Count Basie Thtr. in Red Bank (sadly missed last springs show at Count Basie but have watched it a lot on youtube and it was killer!!!)

The shape that i'm in
As i see the future come and go
So many things unsaid
So many things i wanna say...

Life it hits me
Comes faster now day by day
Places that i've been
Are not the place i wanna be

Of the new songs on the Different Shades CD I would like to see Never Give All Your Heart done live ... that song really reminds me of some of Joe's older material with the heavy riffs and powerful solos.  I think in a live venue that song could really be made to scream!

You have not experienced what a truly emotion filled solo is until you have seen Joe play Sloe Gin in person.