Topic: Joe Bonamassa hits number 8 on the top 200 billboard charts

Singer/guitarist Joe Bonamassa's new Different Shades of Blue -- his first entirely self-written album -- arrives at No. 8 with 26,000 sold. It's his highest charting album, first top 10, and biggest sales week ever. The handsome first week is owed to significant pre-release promotion (dating back 10 weeks), and visibility on iTunes and Amazon. (48 percent of its first week sales came from Internet retailers, like Amazon, while 24 percent were owed to digital retailers.)

Different Shades of Blue is the highest-ranking blues album in almost two years. The last blues set to reach the top 10 was Gary Clark Jr.'s Blak and Blu, which debuted and peaked at No. 6 on the chart dated Nov. 10, 2012.]

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum … ts-at-no-1

The album reached the top 10 in the UK also.

Re: Joe Bonamassa hits number 8 on the top 200 billboard charts

Congrats to Joe and J &R!
It will be interesting to see how sustainable this is.
It would be great if the first week sales can be repeated for a few weeks.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

That's great news!!  If he could just get some airplay on the radio his popularity would explode.

Woo Hoo! Awesome news! No one more deserving than Joe!

also number 1 on blues chart

Awesome, congrats Joe!  I'm not sure radio airplay equates to popularity anymore.  I'd love to see Joe featured on SNL, Letterman or another late night show, although I'm sure it's pretty costly to get on.  That'd probably be more exposure.

This is great news and may the blues rock on!
A testament to Joe and as team.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

From Bonawho to this?  Congratulations to all who have been involved to make this happen - including us guys!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Loved Joe's tweet about it "Jiminy Jillikers Kids!"

So I'll continue in that vein. Well Gadzooks Joe, that certainly is something to be dang proud of! That is the rootenest tootenest news I've heard all week big_smile !!

Seriously Joe, way to go!! So happy for you!!

:win  :ch  :win  :ch  :win  :ch  :win   :ch

Congratulaions Joe!

Loved Deb's (Joe's Mom ) comment the most,  "That's my boy!!!!!!"

What a journey this has been!  I hope they make a movie about Joe someday, it would make such a great story!  Heaven knows the soundtrack would be so killer!  You deserve all the accolades Joe and then some!  Great album indeed!!!!

Super-Duper Proud Fan!!!
                                      smile pattyluvsjoe cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Congrats Joe may the wind always fill your sails
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

very, very good news!! this cd may appeal to younger listeners too. It's a harder edged blues that they might like. I'm going to give it to one of my grandkids who is 17. We will see how he likes it!\

SBS

13 (edited by hulldanfan 2014-10-03 05:54:47)

Bill S wrote:

Congrats to Joe and J &R!
It will be interesting to see how sustainable this is.
It would be great if the first week sales can be repeated for a few weeks.

Sadly, the official UK midweek charts have DSOB dropping from 9 to 27 in the 2nd week of release.

I read an article the other day saying that this happens because Joes albums get promoted so heavily for 2-3 months before release that there is a large amount of pre-orders, especially on ITunes and Amazon and those sales fall into week 1, hence giving a high entry point and the almost inevitable reductions in ensuing weeks.

Wow! In Holland first week, entering at 23 and the second week it's at 11!
One to go for being in the top 10!!!