Topic: Bonamassa 335 pickguard question

Recently joined the forum. I've been hunting for a JB335 for a little while now "hopefully about to get one". I've noticed some of them have the longer pickguards and some have the shorter ones. Can anyone fill me in on the the deal with that? Seems a bit odd that there are differences on a replica of his guitar. Tried to research it, but came up empty.

Thanks for the help, look forward to spending some time on the board.

Jeff

Re: Bonamassa 335 pickguard question

Hi Jeff and welcome to the forum. Plenty of owners on here should sort it out for you. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

I thought they all had the same size ones.......that's interesting...maybe give Gibson a call or email them

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Hi, here i've found the same question, but no answer!

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topi … fferences/

I have one of these guitars, but never noticed the difference. Maybe they produced a first limited number and then added some more to the production?

Someone on the forum will surely know, we will have an answer really soon, i guess.

Fender John Mayer, Clapton CS, Ash Tele Am. Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul std. 2005, Es-335 Bonamassa (JB328), Warren Haynes; PRS Tremonti 10 Top; Asher Ben Harper Sig. / Martin D41; Taylor 914CE; Takamine TNV460SC; Rockbridge SJ & 000-12/ Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature V3; Marshall TSL100; Fender Twin Reverb '65; Orange Tiny Terror, Blackstar Artisan 15 Combo.

5 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2014-10-01 09:06:23)

Comes out swinging! Love the difficult questions... I don't have an answer for this one though. But I'm interested to hear what it is.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Just talked with Gibson customer service and he is forwarding my question on to the Memohis shop to try and get an answer. I'll let you know what I hear. But... If anyone else knows or has a more direct contact with Gibson, might get a faster response.

Joe mentioned this when signing mine, but for the life of me I can't remember why. Maybe he'll answer it.

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

Still no response from Gibson. I know it's not a big deal, but man, I would love to know the reasoning behind this...