Topic: Different Shades of Blue Bonus Tracks

Any chance the 3 bonus tracks will be available for download for those of us who pre-ordered from th JB store, and didn't get the bonus tracks even on the Deluxe version with the book ??

Thanks

Re: Different Shades of Blue Bonus Tracks

I would gladly pay for those extra tracks and I would love to see them available for download. My hope is someday they will.

"Sometimes I get that feeling, that I'm different from the rest" - JB

They really aren't that great.

I think the bonus track disc is worth having.I like all three songs.I would not say they are throw aways.Good tracks, maybe not great but I am enjoying them.
Scarlet
Town kind of atmospheric blues.The Devil You know very rocky Nebraska which is more my style but it's my least favorite.Black Irish Eyes another rock type track but this one a little more catchy.

For those who don't have Acess to Best Buy I would also check eBay as there are usually sellers available for these things.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Anyone know of anyway someone in Australia could get the bonus songs?

What hurts to learn, will make you wise.

I think the tracks are cool.  I'm sure you'll be able to find the mp3s online pretty soon. It'd be nice for folks to have a way to purchase them legally, not sure if the "Best Buy exclusivity" prohibits that from happening any time soon.

Do a youtube search that's where I heard them

I'm digging them, especially Scarlet Town and Black Irish Eyes.

Thanks go out to the youtuber who made these available, my iTunes version of SOB is now complete.

I think I saw a FB comment saying that someone who got the pre-ordered CD were getting a link to down load them.  I understood it as kind of an apology on from JB Store.

Might check into it.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Digging the whole album!!  Bonus tracks are definitely not throw aways!!

I think Black Irish Eyes has a cool Stones vibe to it.  (Hope I didn't just plant an ear bug ... but I imagine others can picture Keith Richards doing his arm strum swing to it? smile )

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

I think Black Irish Eyes has a cool Stones vibe to it.  (Hope I didn't just plant an ear bug ... but I imagine others can picture Keith Richards doing his arm strum swing to it? smile )

You beat me to it RoadcaseBoy!I was driving home today and the second listen to BLack Irish Eyes made think it has a Stones vibe for sure.Really like the song and it is something out of the box for Joe and he really pulls it off!

Your rock candy baby

12 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-09-24 21:05:50)

Phew .... I'm in good company. Glad I wasn't hearing things. smile  Nice final Track kick indeed.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Phew .... I'm in good company. Glad I wasn't hearing things. smile  Nice final Track kick indeed.

Upcoming tour Joe and Kieth for this song! What you think!

Your rock candy baby

14 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-09-25 02:26:02)

gary wrote:
RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Upcoming tour Joe and Kieth for this song! What you think!

The Shine A Light dvd has me seeing it on the Beacon stage ... but Radio City will work!! smile

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Definitely! Can't wait to play this one for a friend who is HUGE Stones fan, he's going to swear it's Keith Richards. Then about 2:40 in, Joe takes over, ehe. Great rocker song and Scarlet Town is wonderfully bluesy...everyone needs these two.

Also loving the piano on this release. Not overly crazy about the horns but that's just my personal taste. The piano on the other hand is a perfect fit. Love it.

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

I would say that your observation is correct. It's the best of the 3 bonus songs.

17 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2014-09-25 13:10:17)

I ordered my Best Buy CD and hasn't come yet sad
OK, this prompted me to check my emails.... should be coming today.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

18 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2014-09-25 14:30:21)

Scarlet Town is okay - kind of rambling.  Cool lyrics, but it's a 7 minute song that should probably be 4, or it could have used more dynamics and changes along the way.  It's not a bad song, but not great either.  Probably my least favorite on the album (again, it's not bad, just not up to the level of the rest of the record)

The Devil You Know is a great, groovey bluesy rock tune - love it!  It feels a little more stripped down than some of the other songs on the record, but it works great.  Reminds me of the style of his Borderline set.

I didn't think about it on first listen, but yeah, Black Irish Eyes does have a Stones vibe.  Another great tune in all respects.  Love the female background vocals.

If any forumites w/ the CD don't get the mp3s from the JB store, shoot me a PM.