Re: Different Shades of Blue - Best Buy Exclusive - Three Bonus Tracks

ok you guys "fished" me in..
Hate websites like BB.. only ships to USA.. and have to 'funk' the billing address to Texas in their web site as well as per their instructions.

but I have ordered the CD to my brothers house in Buffalo.

We'll see what turns up on the streets in Toronto in the mean time.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Hoping mine will be correct. It's due to arrive on the 25th the model and sku were:
MODEL: JRA51157
SKU:  8599035

93 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-09-23 09:46:07)

Just received mine today via USPS mail ... 2 copies ... only list the 11 tracks on the back ... no Exclusive Bonus sticker on front.  Keeping them sealed and off to a BB store 15 miles away ... hopefully tonight. (Giving a few out ... but hopefully Bonus ones.)

TMI but my B Buy package receipt has Item # 853243100001000001 (and description just has Bonamassa, Joe / Different Shades of Blue)

SKU printed on back of (11 track) CD is: 8 04879 51155 7

Not quite Sept 23rd yet!!! sad

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Just received mine today via USPS mail ... 2 copies ... only list the 11 tracks on the back ... no Exclusive Bonus sticker on front.  Keeping them sealed and off to a BB store 15 miles away ... hopefully tonight. (Giving a few out ... but hopefully Bonus ones.)

TMI but my B Buy package receipt has Item # 853243100001000001 (and description just has Bonamassa, Joe / Different Shades of Blue)

SKU printed on back of (11 track) CD is: 8 04879 51155 7

Not quite Sept 23rd yet!!! sad

04879 is the manufacturer code, and 51155 is the product code. So you have the non-bonus version. Don't bother opening it.

Thank u timb.

Another TMI nugget ... the cd link in my B Buy order history opens to the Standard Version window now. Found an Online Receipt link ... that shows the Bouns one.

All part of the fun ...

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

ZeyerGTR wrote:
skamokawa wrote:

Just got my "Best Buy", no bonus tracks.

I got my disc last Saturday - I assumed the JB Store shipped it even though I cancelled (odd, but kind of a nice surprise) because it didn't have the extra tracks, and there was no packing slip.  Maybe it was the BB version?

I got my Best Buy disc today - it has the three bonus tracks listed, and a sticker on the shrinkwrap advertising "Only @ Best Buy - Includes 3 Bonus Tracks."  I ordered from www.bestbuy.com (US).

It's on sale at Best Buy this week for 11.99 (2.00 off ) plus tax......just picked one up....12.83 total......:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

jwd wrote:

I guess us faithful JB fans that jumped on the pre-order to support our favorite guitar player just got screwed. That's not right. I'm very disappointed.

Totally agree, so by being faithful fans and pre-ordering, we get shafted out of the bonus tracks. You would have thought it would have been the other way around, those that pre-ordered would have gotten the bonus tracks. To be honest, starting to get a little disappointed in JB. Every email I get has more ads for merchandise than good information. Merchandise also seems way overpriced.  Seems they will sell anything they can put his name on. Backpacks, baby clothes, $40 bobble heads?
Also, ticket prices have gotten ridiculous. $100 per ticket? Guess the good old days of getting third row tickets for $45 are long gone. I'm happy for his success, but he's priced his way out of my price range. Guess it happens to them all. I understand that he's doing it "alone" without big record company backing, and I'm happy for his success. But Walter Trout is doing it alone also, and seems to be fine with not becoming some commercial behemoth.

I purchased 3 copies at my local Best Buy early this morning. They had a sticker on the front about the bonus tracks and listed the tracks on the back. The booklet that was with the cd only list 11 tracks. I have included the back cover of the cd that i posted on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … amp;type=1

ZeyerGTR wrote:

I got my Best Buy disc today - it has the three bonus tracks listed, and a sticker on the shrinkwrap advertising "Only @ Best Buy - Includes 3 Bonus Tracks."  I ordered from www.bestbuy.com (US).

Yes, it's pretty clear what happened.

For some period of time, the BB web site had a product page with the description of the bonus best buy exclusive version and the SKU of the standard version. My order acknowledgment had the product title "Different Shades of Blue Only Best Buy CD" but the SKU 8532431.

That description was sufficient to show that I had ordered the bonus version, and the local store here swapped it for me, even though I had opened it. Two interesting points: online showed they had some, but they didn't have them out on the shelves yet. So he had to go out back to get it. Secondly, the manager that came out to approve the swap of the opened CD knew of the confusion between the bonus and standard versions. Maybe someone else had already been in for the same reason, but they'd only been open 90 minutes by then.

Lastly, the bonus version not only has a sticker on the front, the insert card in the back of the case is also different. Not only does it have the different SKU (UPC code "8 04879 51157 1") but it has all 14 tracks listed in two columns. So there's no ambiguity in the packaging for those shopping in person that want to be certain.

vortex1 wrote:

I purchased 3 copies at my local Best Buy early this morning. They had a sticker on the front about the bonus tracks and listed the tracks on the back. The booklet that was with the cd only list 11 tracks. I have included the back cover of the cd that i posted on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … amp;type=1

Your link doesn't work.

102 (edited by airportdon 2014-09-23 14:05:49)

Great cd...:)
One question I have  on my copy....does not show any songs/artist etc.........just 14 tracks
Does anyone else have the same issue on their copy ?

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

still waiting, shows that it shipped but not delivered until Friday???  maybe it will come today

104 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-09-23 15:15:10)

Let me know if you need help Jane ... securing (or mailing). 

My closest B Buy (15 miles) has only a small amount of CD space allocated.  Ran there at lunch with my internet order received Standards and all my paperwork.  They were confused as heck ... starting with Bona Who?!!! (Less and less ... but it still happens ... gonna miss it a bit when it doesn't.)

They were nice and did the exchange for the Bonus.  (Can't wait to see the C Card statement ... probably now with a double charge or something.)

They had 7 in stock ...  4 after I left.  LMK if u or anyone else comes up short ... I'll shoot back over.

It was the longest 15 mile ride home ... in a '94 Dodge Ram ... with a cassette player roadio.  (Just unwrapped one ... can't wait to play and listen ... but will have to wait couple more hours. sad )

Edit ..... i can't wait ... (playing low at work is better than not playing at all!)
Edit edit ... i may be wrong ... up to Track #6 ... volume begging to be cranked up!!!

Stopped in the Best Buy closest to my work and no new JB to be found.There were about 8 other older discs in the JB section nothing there or in the new release section.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I just had the longest & funnest chat with Best Buy! Good luck everybody.

Burnt rubber out of the work parking lot on lunch break to infiltrate Best Buy. What a crazy place! Found the tiny music section and saw about 8 JB CDs at knee level on a New Release end cap in charming Lynnwood, Wa.

Fantastic so far.

I couldn't make it to BB, too far away and too little time. I thought about ordering it but after reading how some here got shafted I decided to just get it now from iTunes so I could get to listening.

Aside from the title track my favorites so far are "I Gave Up Everything...." and "Get Back My Tomorrow". Good stuff JB and Co.!

"Sometimes I get that feeling, that I'm different from the rest" - JB