Topic: Some Demos Joe May Like

I am a former Mohawk Valley musician. I have been following Joe's success and hard work. I am very happy that another Valley guy made it so big in music. ie Rick Kua, Carmen Carmonica, Frank Briggs

These are some blues style demos that may be suitable for Joe and maybe Beth.

How can I get them to Joe?

Re: Some Demos Joe May Like

It's a tough call - quite a few people publish the original music on here with the hope that Joe listens to it.  I believe he does sometimes listen, but rarely comments on them.

It is understandable though, for someone in his position.  I'd imagine if someone posted something here and Joe said "That's nice" and then years later wrote his own song that might coincidentally have a similar chord structure or riff, then people could use the fact that Joe acknowledged their song as proof he heard it which may reinforce their normally flimsy copyright lawsuit.

Not for a second suggesting that you would do that CGB, but it is a real risk that Joe and other professional musicians have to tread delicately around.

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

I thought I'd give it a shot.

Anything I have placed on Soundcloud is copyrighted through Creative Commons. As to similar licks goes I really doubt if any one could mistake my anemic guitar playing for Joe's and vice versa.

I write in several styles including pop, blues, rock and R&B and even if I we capable of writing a breakout hit such as Piece of Heart I have to wonder that in today's music business if it would go anywhere regardless of who recorded it.  I'm thinking that "The Fair Miss" has the legs if given the right musical treatment to stand out with its strong sexual overtones and driving rock steady beat. I have another one called Testosterone Blues that speaks to middle aged married men whose wives have lost their libido. It's topical and a bit humorous in a BB King How Blue Can You Get sort of way.  Both are on my Soundcloud page.

I am really curious how an audience would react to my music and since I can no longer perform due to disability and injury it has become important to me. That said... If you are an aspiring musician make sure you get with a band that is willing to take risks. I played bass with a bunch of local bands in Joe's old stomping grounds and damn few bands then played originals and for me it was like pulling teeth to get the bands I played with to learn one of my tunes and often I had to give them a "band proof" song that they would have a tough time butchering. Play with open-minded and creative people with feel. Guys like Joe are rare. Some players have monster chops and some have feel and some have creativity. Joe has all three in abundance and that is why he's special. People like that are rare. I regret playing in so many cover bands with mostly nice but close minded people who lacked the courage to push the creative envelope.

Thanks for the advice and hopefully Joe will get some down time where he can give it a listen.

I added some tunes in my profile signature. Keep in mind I'm an adequate bass player so some of my guitar playing is lacking.  Also keep in mind that these are demos and I played all the instruments and record them directly onto a DAW.

CGB wrote:

I am a former Mohawk Valley musician. ...I am very happy that another Valley guy made it so big in music. ie ...Frank Briggs

Frank Briggs?  One-time drummer for 805?  He was a monster player way back then.  Haven't seen him perform or heard any of his music since then, but he was an incredible drummer.  I might have to look into his catalog a bit.

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown