Topic: New Aussie in the forum

Hi,

I'm a relatively new fan, it wasn't longer than 12 months ago that I went "Bona-who?"
Being an Australian, my first experience of Joe was on Guitar Gods and Masterpieces - Slow Train acoustic number from Live in Vienna. As you can probably guess I was hooked immediately.
In the time since, I had collected all of Joe's studio and live albums, all of his and Beth's as well. Had them all stolen, and have repurchased all but a handful. I have also had the pleasure of seeing Joe on Sunday night at the State Theatre in Sydney - an excellent gig. I've also seen Beth in the Basement up close and personal...she's pretty tall.

Anyway I was curious about how many other Aussie's watch Guitar Gods and Masterpieces and whether they have had a similar introduction to me?
Also I'm insanely jealous of all of you that have known about him for years - would have made my high school guitar performances a whole lot better.

Cheers!

What hurts to learn, will make you wise.

Re: New Aussie in the forum

Welcome to the forum. "Hooked immediately" seems to be a common theme around here, I know I was.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How Iā€™d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Hi and welcome to the hook line and sinker forum. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome TheKaiminator!

Now, I only came across the existence of Guitar Gods and Masterpieces by stumbling across some Youtube clips from it yesterday!
I discovered Joe 2 years ago from Jimmy Barnes appearance on DTTD, but early enough to catch him here in 2012 (and I was also at the State Theatre on Sunday). Also early enough for BCC to have still been in existence and awaiting Afterglow as a new release - and also saw Glenn Hughes at The Basement last year.

If you'e an explorer of new music, my favourite new 'up and coming' band, The Delta Riggs, which I've been following around a bit is playing at the Uni Bar UOW tomorrow (Friday) night. No idea if that's your thing. Two of my kids live in the 'Gong and I've given them the hint.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome!!  Like you, I am relatively new to Joe and his music but the first time that I heard him I was hooked as well.

Again, welcome and enjoy the topics!!

Welcome and glad you decided to post

Welcome to all thing Joe cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

shadowblue wrote:

Welcome TheKaiminator!

If you'e an explorer of new music, my favourite new 'up and coming' band, The Delta Riggs, which I've been following around a bit is playing at the Uni Bar UOW tomorrow (Friday) night.

Thanks for the tip shadowblue - I'll definitely try to head to the Unibar tonight if I can!

What hurts to learn, will make you wise.

Welcome, from one newbie to another smile

"Anyone can play the notes but only a chosen few can make the music" Said by, well, me.

Welcome to the forum. Pretty much everybody here was "bit" at some point in time.
Glad you discovered Joe...and this place.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Welcome to the forum!

U found him .. all that matters .. lol

Enjoy the topics and wonderful folks here

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!