Re: Red Rocks Reviews

Yes another beautiful blue sky day in Colorado. 2nd row here we come,best seats I ever had!

I figure the show starts in 9 minutes.  I'm in northern Idaho.  Can I make it in time?  Noooooo!  I saw Joe in Spokane on March 25.  I wish I was in RR tonight!

Spectacular show Joe! So very proud of you!  It was so much fun and as usual it was a great opportunity for all of us to gather and share the Bonabuddylove wink  YOU KILLED IT!  Hope you are celebrating big!  Love you lots!     cool   pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Joe as in usual form awesome my friend so so happy for you this will be bigger then first RAH. Also thanks for your help finding Austin Young
You rock cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

23 (edited by RickB 2014-09-01 09:10:56)

Over the top Joe. I'll be digesting this for a long time. 3 fun days culminating in a mind blowing performance with top notch artists surrounding Joe. I do love a Bluesband with Horns. Huge tailgate party with Bonabuddies from all over the country, even my pal  Mikey from across the pond who rapped me on the shoulder right after one smoking solo by Joe and signaled with spread arms the question.  Yes, better than Borderline! Getting to finally meet Joe's beautiful and gracious mother Debra, and having a nice but brief chat before the music started so we could tell her what a fine man she'd produced. As to my vids. I sat the camera in my lap and let it roll. Obstructed sight lines and a warning from staff about shooting made it a no brainer. I just let the music take me. I've got the whole audio I'll rip. The dvd will come in time to refresh this amazing experience.

Joe's voice was amazing. He changed it song to song, channeling the artists he paid homage to. He's been working hard!

Ahhh, much to savor. Big checkmark on the bucket list.
Rick
edit: I couldn't see it, but others told me this morning. As the show kicked off, a full rainbow arched over the heavens behind the stage. smile

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:
midglide4 wrote:

Thanks Rick!
Point well taken. Thanks for your reply. Will be coming in from Philly for the show.

There will be a tailgate party with a very large (50+) contingent of forum and facebook BonaNation fans in the Upper South lot a couple of hours before the show. Bring your own libations and chow. Most of us will be flying/driving in as well and are mostly staying at one hotel in Golden. Come find us and say Hi! For coordination, we have a private group called BonaRedRocks which you can join by asking if you do fb.

how can I join BonaNation on fb? all i can find is an unrelated Bona nation. Please help, just a fan, friend me on fb and check my concert pics.
thanks for any help,
poc

Last nights version of Slo Gin was the best I have ever heard Joe do.

Can't say enough good things about the show.  Beautifully constructed from beginning to end, with clips of Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf as well as the Bonamassa crew tour.  The music was of course fantastic, the experience of being there among the 9,000 enthusiastic fans, well, for anyone who didn't make it, I believe you missed history in the making.  Joe looked like he totally enjoyed it, so did the band.  The set list was the same as Cheyenne.  After the show, the crowd was super slow to exit the amphitheater.  Many of us had an impromptu tailgate party after the show, knowing that traffic out of the parking lot is
Is it too early to get tickets for next year???

Wow... Words have never been my strong point and trying to describe the joy of last nights show is gonna be difficult.  The
Venue... I mean it's blinkin Red Rocks.  Stunning beauty in the foothills of the Rockies.  I have to admit that my catalogue of Howlin Wolf and Muddy Watters is extremely limited so I was unfamiliar with the majority of the songs.  That had me a bit worried at first, but Joe went all Bonamassa on the songs and I have to say it was absolutely the best Joe show I have ever experienced.  Joe has at times been accused of being too much of a clinitian and not enough passion but that myth was proved false last night.  The power and passion in his playing and singing came shining through.  Describing the band as "tight" just doesn't do them justice.  They were absolutely amazing.  Sound quality was exceptionally high.  The crowd of 9,000 experienced "the gig of a lifetime" last night.  I can't wait for the DVD so I can relive the moment.

Joe... Thank You.

Jane H. wrote:

wish i had been there soooo bad!
setlist????
same as the other shows???
WHo's BEen Talkin?

Same as the two previous shows.

I can only imagine the experience and that "day after" overwhelmed feeling, Bona-hangover" smile HUGE thanks to all attendees who shared thoughts, pictures, etc, here and on Facebook. I really feel that, in some small way, I got to share the experience. Come on Caveman, get that mixing done smile

anyone posted a setlist from red rocks-fantastic show as has been every one i've seen by joe-only thing that changed-every other time i've seen him he started on time-last night you could see him standing just offstage giving the arrivals a few more minutes to get situated-he hit the stage at 7:04pm-should be a lesson for all when you go see joe get to your seats by the start time on your ticket-SETLIST APPRECIATED!

Sounds epic .. a grand time had by all!

Can only imagine the pre-show, post show socials smile

Having experienced it myself this past May .. equally as memorable as the show itself!

Thanks for the reviews cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

srwells55 wrote:

anyone posted a setlist from red rocks-fantastic show as has been every one i've seen by joe-only thing that changed-every other time i've seen him he started on time-last night you could see him standing just offstage giving the arrivals a few more minutes to get situated-he hit the stage at 7:04pm-should be a lesson for all when you go see joe get to your seats by the start time on your ticket-SETLIST APPRECIATED!

Tiger in your tank
I can't be satisfid
You shook me
The stuff you gotta watch
Double trouble
Real Love
My home is on the delta
All Aboard (Mean ol' frisco blues)
How many more years
Shake for me
Hidden charms
Spoonful
Killing floor
Evil
All Night Long
Encore
Hey baby(new rising sun)
Oh beautiful
Love ain't a love song
Sloe gin
Ballad of John Henry

many thanks!!!!

Lee wrote:
srwells55 wrote:

Tiger in your tank
I can't be satisfid
You shook me
The stuff you gotta watch
Double trouble
Real Love
My home is on the delta
All Aboard (Mean ol' frisco blues)
How many more years
Shake for me
Hidden charms
Spoonful
Killing floor
Evil
All Night Long
Encore
Hey baby(new rising sun)
Oh beautiful
Love ain't a love song
Sloe gin
Ballad of John Henry

All I can think of is how amazing it must have been for Joe to stand there on that stage and look up at all those people. What an accomplishment for him to sell out a place as iconic as Red Rocks. Way to go Joe! It was a wonderful day for us meeting up with so many people who all share the love of the same man and his music. Nothing quite like it. A wonderful end to our week long musical road trip following Joe through the west. As Michael said to us, "Best road trip evah!!" (you can hear his British accent there can't you smile ) We had just way too much fun. Three shows of the most off the charts playing I have ever heard from Joe. Beaver Creek will always be my favorite because of the intimacy of the place and the fact we were all standing at the stage. Red Rocks was cool, but our seats were all the way over on the side. We couldn't see the screen and the speakers were right in front of us. Had a good diagonal view of Joe though, as long as people stayed in their seats. Lots of walking back and forth past us to get drinks. It is as I expected. I was able to capture a few songs on video before the security guard very nicely told me no recording. Very pleasant guy. I did a few more at the end when everyone else had there phones out recording. One of the highlights of the show for me was getting to finally meet Joe's Mom. She is just the sweetest, most genuinely nice person I have ever met. When she saw me walking towards her she exclaimed, "Natasha!" hurried over and gave me a big hug and thanked me for the videos. That just so made my day. All I wanted to do was thank her over and over for having the wonderful son she has. No wonder he is the way he is, with the wonderful parents he has. So the biggest thank you to Joe for having these shows in a really cool area of the country which enabled us to hang out with the best friends and see some amazing sites and the most fantastic 3 nights of music we have ever seen.

Best road trip evah!!

35 (edited by nmagcorn 2014-09-10 21:24:33)

Here are the 7 songs I managed to capture. I think one of the biggest thrills of this mini tour was the fact that we got to hear Joe play songs we had never heard him do before. Something I've been hoping to see for quite a while. Would love to see Joe incorporate a few of these songs in his regular tour every now and then, maybe "You Shook Me", "Double Trouble", "Can't Be Satisfied". They'd be a very fun addition to the normal setlist.

You Shook Me http://youtu.be/UHIkEviBC8M Had to edit in a few photos of Joe while the couple in front of me were standing blocking my view. Luckily they sat down when he started on his solo

Double Trouble http://youtu.be/O3ofYR7LQ9Q

Real Love http://youtu.be/HFOzyAA8UC4

My Home Is In The Delta http://youtu.be/vra5nRdwhxo

Evil http://youtu.be/fRyMEQt9cB8

Love Ain't A Love Song http://youtu.be/TQPhHOdfoX4

Ballad of John Henry http://youtu.be/wyCKAxN4eck

I've been really loving this new version of "John Henry" as well. It's very powerful and because it doesn't have those real quiet parts in the solo any more, it eliminates the tendency for people to scream out obnoxious things while Joe is playing softly.

Brilliant as always. Thanks Natasha.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)